Reviving the Indigenous practice of cultural fire burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving the Indigenous practice of cultural fire burning

"California is calling upon Native American tribes to bring back the once-prohibited practice of lighting controlled burns to help prevent devastating wildfires that have wreaked havoc on the state."

California is calling upon Native American tribes to bring back the once-prohibited practice of lighting controlled burns to help prevent devastating wildfires that have wreaked havoc on the state.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Our DEM recently did a controlled burn here on one of our small islands in the bay. I think the reasoning behind ours was to control brush and fight back invasive species of plants and promote a better habitat for the native flora that should be there.
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Hows it going Olden! Glad to see your still here too! I smiled the second i saw that lady and crow lol
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Thanks for the videos Dan. Controlled burns make good sense. I have been a part of many controlled burns (on a small scale). The grasses and weeds grow back lush after a controlled burn. It's surprising how fast the plants regenerate after a burn.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Our state does a lot of controlled burns to lessen the underbrush and deadwood. It really helps on the wildfires. Ive always wondered why Cali. didnt do burns. With all the wildfires they have that they cant get under control and burn up homes and kill people, Along with the wildlife that get killed. Sometimes if you dont help Mother nature out she will do it her self on a big scale or some dipshit fire bug setting fires.

Comment

Burning in the fall makes gathering Acorn a little easier to see.

Comment

Good video Dan. Our state started doing controlled burnings too. This makes all the sense in the world. Thanks for the info. K
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
              X