Slooooow start to the season. Oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slooooow start to the season. Oh

Yep have found one broke point so far. Found it on my first trip to my newest permission site. Found out the the farmer on that site isn’t plowing this year so that was kind of a bummer. Then I have been waiting for my favorite hotspot to get plowed because last year I was shut down when the farmer planted a bean forage field and didn’t do a fall disc. Well he is doing no-till this year….hooray! I’m not down and out yet. Going this week to a new permission site that’s a couple hundred acres. If all the stars align I could have permission to hunt nearly 2,000 acres of additional fields which should keep me busy for awhile. Yes a slow start but hopefully the waiting will pay off. Thanks for listening at me vent.
    👍😃
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Good luck and hope he at least disced it. No till, good for farming, bad for us.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Uncle Trav
      Uncle Trav commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg. Hopefully I’ll be able to post a couple finds soon

Good luck trav....hope the new grounds are good to you
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• Uncle Trav
      Uncle Trav commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Benji. Just having new ground to walk will be worth it for sure

Good luck. There is always that excitement when stepping on to new ground. The potential for anything to pop up, at least in your mind. That's half the fun of it.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Go get em Trav and don’t come home till ya find one 😄
      Floridaboy.

Comment

That's why I primarily creek hunt, not that it has gotten me anything, lol!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hope the new spots work out for you.
          South Carolina

Comment

Thanks everyone. I’m really looking forward to some new ground. A buddy told me that the fields have been washed well by recent rain so that sounds promising. The fields are out in the country so also looking forward to a nature recharge.
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Well it seems like a nice summer vacation spot👍
              settle in and get the lay of the land .

Comment

Not much getting turned here either. I’ve been waiting on one field to get turned for 6 years now. I found half of a Celt in it and maybe next year it will get turned cause it won’t be this time. All the fields I find the black and white in didn’t get turned. Only 2 fields got turned and then planted with corn which grows fast. Not looking good for me this year either. Good luck out there
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• Uncle Trav
                  Uncle Trav commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know your pain Surf. Keep at it. Can’t beat just getting outside

Thanks, I walked 4 hours yesterday to find nothing but a core chopper type tool. Those fields just don’t produce
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                X