The Eternal Flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eternal Flame

Anyone else try to copy a point with water colors. This is my first attempt. It's a Classic Hayes point from the Riley site in Arkansas. It's not exact by any means, but I had fun trying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220930_214900598~2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	657161
    South Carolina

Very nice work. They way you represented the flaking is fantastic and the bit of blue in the blade really ties it into the background. All of my attempts with water color always come out looking like mud. That's why I stick with Acrylic. It's much more forgiving.

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember well the wonderful whale you painted and posted when first joined!

• Narrow Way Knapper
      Narrow Way Knapper commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you AC! Feel free to post some of your work in this thread.

Nice job for your first attempt. I never tried myself .
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I recognize that point. What a beauty! Good job on a first attempt.
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

This is my friend Amy’s india ink rendition of some of Rio’s artifacts he posted sometime during 2020.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	B74F68E9-7782-4285-9BE9-3D26833C3836.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.4 KB ID:	657183
        She doesn’t collect rocks or artifacts, and generally paints birds and sea life, but I like her landscapes best:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	E5D59A09-0311-4638-A254-CCF2E72B40A1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	657185Click image for larger version  Name:	4DA502A7-94CD-4F69-B10F-DD979F7B5D85.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	657186Click image for larger version  Name:	77898598-62C8-46FC-850B-8B72EFC476BF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	657187

I can draw a tiny bit with colored chalk and pastels, but water-color supposed to be most difficult of all mediums to master…..so big kudos Narrow Way! (Betcha Hal got some tips!)
        Last edited by Cecilia; 10-01-2022, 01:38 AM.
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, this non-master once did picture of dog that easier imagined as beautiful horse!
          Last edited by Cecilia; 10-01-2022, 11:56 AM.

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          😂👏👏

• Narrow Way Knapper
          Editing a comment
          I like Amy's artwork. Thanks for sharing. 😊

Every now and then ( same as points) you find a painting that has that special beauty, that indescribable something, that pizzazz...I’m lookin at it,,Bravo Caleb👏👏👏
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Hal! I have a feeling you would like any painting with an arrowhead in it. I mean who wouldn't right. 😉

well done , real nice work
        Wyoming

Comment

Working...
      X