Something to think About ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to think About ?

It seams like their is something missing in our pre history and was wondering how in the heck did we have camels here in north America and why wouldn't people have brought and used them? a cataclysm about 12,500 years ago practically destroyed life from 85 percent of the planet no doubt they knew it was coming that's why they buried gobecli tepi and the statues on Easter island who knows what else they tried to preserve hope to see some amazing discoveries in the future just somthing to think about !
    New Jersey

Keep reading, keep learning.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

"...a cataclysm about 12,500 years ago practically destroyed life from 85 percent of the planet no doubt they knew it was coming that's why they buried gobecli tepi and the statues on Easter island..."

I have doubts they knew "it" (the Younger Dryas?) was coming, or that 85% of life on Earth perished that recently, or that it was why GT was buried, or that it was why the Easter Island civilization collapsed.

North American camels went extinct at the end of the last glacial maximum as did about 250 other mammals species on the continent. Exactly why is still much debated. Climate change? Increased hunting by humans? A combination of both those - and perhaps other - factors? It's a fascinating topic to research and think about. But doubts abound...

Comment

I think that their were a lot of humans that went with the megafauna as well although the evidence is scarce it's out their with all that has Ben being discovered lately I'm keeping an open mind Nothing is set in stone except for the artifacts & fossils that are still in context lol
        New Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic City View Post
          "...a cataclysm about 12,500 years ago practically destroyed life from 85 percent of the planet no doubt they knew it was coming that's why they buried gobecli tepi and the statues on Easter island..."

I have doubts they knew "it" (the Younger Dryas?) was coming, or that 85% of life on Earth perished that recently, or that it was why GT was buried, or that it was why the Easter Island civilization collapsed.

North American camels went extinct at the end of the last glacial maximum as did about 250 other mammals species on the continent. Exactly why is still much debated. Climate change? Increased hunting by humans? A combination of both those - and perhaps other - factors? It's a fascinating topic to research and think about. But doubts abound...
          Exactly... not to mention that the Moai statues on Easter Island are no more than 800 years old at the very most.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I find that very hard to believe being that they are burried so deeply and are covered with a lot of the same symbols as gobecli tepi I would venture to say they are much older just like the spinx
            New Jersey

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2FACC483-E630-4F4B-A8B4-E5A3D13ACAEF.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	659204 The upright moai were never totally buried. The main quarry for carving the moai was located on the slopes of a dormant volcano known as Rano Raraku. Extensive ancient excavations coupled with natural erosion of the soft volcanic tuff are what partially buried the statues. The erosion was accelerated by deforestation.
              Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

The camels that were wondering around North and South America weren't the same species as the domesticated ones we have now. They might have been docile, but we just don't know.

Wolves and dogs are the same species, but capturing a bunch of wolves and turning them into something like dogs would be a slow process requiring a lot of generations of careful, selective breeding.
                Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

It is a known fact that horses originated in North America. They migrated it is believed through the Bering straits at some period a long time ago. Reintroduced by the Europeans specifically the Spanish. K
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                  X