Solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar

Early this year I decided to go Solar. After putting on new shingles they came yesterday and installed the panels. Today they hooked me up to the grid. The power companies raised the rates for most of us. So I snub my nose at you power brokers. It was amazing to watch my meter run backwards. I am now officially an electrical generation home. So take your power rate increase and pay me for a change. Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Sounds great..Keep us posted Kim.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      It's overcast today but I'm still pushing power out! K

My system has paid for itself and no power bill for years. 24 solar world 285-watt panels with 24 Enphase 250 s ground mount grid tied.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Hot dog, (sounds like a weaner) Dennis. We got this! K

Well over here in Hawaii it’s better to do the ones you don’t own !
    The Co comes in and puts them in free . You don’t have a $500 electric bill in summer but we don’t have heating in winter . I believe you pay about $200 a month . So the family of 4-5 with hot water going and aircon on 24/7 benefits They have those $900 bills . Not us . The homes built here now as of 10 years ago all have solar hot water standard .
    Now those rented ones do all maintaining on a monthly or quarterly.
    I didn’t know any of this till I was buying a new house last year and listening to all the different agents and home owners . The sun is so strong here that you have to replace in 20 years. They get blasted !!!!
    I’ll wait till we move to the mainland and put up a couple .

Comment

These electric cars sure have a glitch . 300 miles and an 8 hours charge . Good for here but not the traveler .
      You just can’t drive 500 miles which we have done . There are special fees and some states charge to charge .
      I see a swarm of bees coming .
      Dont worry my forever home will have it . 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

There are many pros and cons to solar. I have a friend who had to replace his entire roof and the sheetrock in his upstairs ceiling because the solar panel brackets caused leaking and extensive water damage. We have family in Florida who said that their home owners insurance went up so much after they added solar, that it was basically the same cost as having a power bill. Folks who get solar in my area call me to cut down more trees than your average Joe, in order to get enough sunlight to make power (wich defeats the purpose of going green in my opinion). There used to be a beautiful farm that I drove past on occasion. Now the fields are covered in solar panels and it's depressing to look at.

Sorry Kim, I'm not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, I might end up with solar someday. I've been disillusioned with the solar so far. 🌦️
        South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          That's okay Calab, I hear you. But I am pleased with what I have. Everything was explained so well and all my questions answered. K

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Two neighbors also had to replace roofs my electric bill ain’t lookin so bad after all.

• Narrow Way Knapper
          Narrow Way Knapper commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sorry Kim, I probably should have kept my opinion to myself. I am happy that you are happy with your solar. 😁

I did replace my shingles but they needed replaced anyway. $ 7500. now that's a cheap replacement, and they did a great job plus a 30 years guarantee. I'll be dead by then!

Comment

Caleb they even came into my attic to inspect to make sure it would hold the load.

Comment

I like all the posts . I think we need to learn from all the installers mistakes . Have to learn from the success as well as the negative .

Comment

Working...
            X