No announcement yet.

What to do with broken points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife found a use for some nice flint/chert chips....our fire place mantle project: will be covered with these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-04-08-2 [replaced].jpg
Views:	23
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	221203

Comment

It depends on the site, but I usually just leave them out there unless it is something really cool.  I also force myself to label every piece of flint/chert, so if I don't think it's worth the time to ink it I remind myself to leave it out there.
      Since I don't have much competition on my sites, it also almost guarantees me of not getting skunked.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

i have a friend that took alot of his broken points and scattered them on his front porch when they poured the concrete. when the concrete was setting up ho took a couple of five gallon buckets of broke pieces and spread them about six inches apart. a few of them sank a little more than others but it is an awesome place  to sit on a swing and look at points.

Comment

It has since expanded to about twice this size

Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

I keep all of mine and like Matt I check for those that fit together ...I like the flint rock gardens but if I tried something like that here the neighborhood kids would have them scattered all over my yard. Along with my daughter they can't leave stuff alone. hmy:
            I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Working...
            X