Not Happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Happy!

Well... it's five in the morning, and my burglar alarm has been triggering every 40 seconds or so for the last two and a half hours! It's deafening. Sleep is impossible and it's loud enough to wake up the entire neighbourhood. The control panel is flashing 'Tamper' along with 'Service' and 'Fault'. I've been sat on a stool next to it, resetting the wretched thing every time it goes off. The emergency call technician finally gave me instructions on how to get it into 'Engineer' mode to disable the siren but can't get to me for a fix until 11 o'clock. At least it's no longer wailing, but there's no way I'll get back to sleep now.

Angry doesn't even begin to cover it, but a little rant here helps (a bit).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Angry.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	667411
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Bummer! Reminds me of the time I was working maintenance on a holiday weekend. I get called in for no heat. The system was antiquated. It had steam boilers with a huge heat exchanger to heat the water for the radiant heat system. The heat exchanger had a pnumatic control valve. It was over 60 years old. That valve went bad. I sat there for two days turning the bypass valve watching the temp rise then closing the bypass manually so it would not over heat. Fun fun fun. At least I was getting paid. When the guy arrived he looked at the system and said to me he had to call his boss because he had never seen a unit like this, nor worked on one. I feel your pain Roger,. I hope help arrives soon.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Sounds terrible. Not too long ago I had a fire alarm go bad that was hard wired to all the other alarms in the house. Kept going off, setting off all the alarms. Eventually figured out there was no fire, but had to go around unwiring multiple units trying to figure out which one was going bad. Took a couple hours and my kids (and myself) never made it back to sleep. I feel your pain.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Well, I hope you are able to get some shuteye soon. Your plight reminds me of a prank my science teacher played on a mutual friend of ours named Adam. You see, Adam was coming home from a long trip and was expected late at night. So the science teacher set multiple alarms hidden around Adam's house to go off at different intervals. The plan worked perfectly, Adam came home late at night went to bed only to be awakened by alarms all night long and Adam had to find each alarm in order to turn them off. But every time he thought the problem was solved, a different alarm would wake the neighborhood. I'm pretty sure the science teacher got paid back in full though. 😆
        South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. No wonder you so even-kneeled, easy-going, Narrow…… you hafta be with friends like that!

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          😂.

After that, hope you got in a nap today!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

teck is a great thing until it backfires
          Wyoming

Comment

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, there’s always payback. My old business partner passive-aggressive, and most patient…..she was so scary, stopped pranking her…

I'm surprised You didnt tell Them how to fix It
          A bad joke, good luck with it.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Had that happen to me once. Finally thought I had it whipped. I turned it off at the breaker box. Was feeling so accomplished until the battery back up system “kicked” in. 😩
            South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
              Had that happen to me once. Finally thought I had it whipped. I turned it off at the breaker box. Was feeling so accomplished until the battery back up system “kicked” in. 😩
              Ha Ha. Yes, if it was as simple as isolating it from the mains supply then it wouldn't be much use against an intruder. Thankfully now fixed, although the engineer had to make two visits. We get a discount on home insurance by having the alarm and, on a technicality, the policy is invalid if we don't get it fixed promptly. The lead-up to Christmas is also a bad time for burglaries here... it's when they tend to grant parole to petty criminals nearing the end of their sentences.
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear you have it squared away now.
            Working...
            X