My 2022 year in review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2022 year in review

Well fellas, yet another year has come and gone... Heck, we're already a full week into the new one! An unbelievable amount of things changed in my life last year, and this year I hope to learn to manage things better. Alright then, so here's my year in review.

I left home at the age of 19, to travel 650 miles away from my family and start a new life in Pennsylvania. (My user name is staying, lol!)It took a little while to find anyone who was willing to give a fresh off the block kid a good job, but I was stubborn, and wouldn't leave the poor buggers alone, so I finally found work at a plastics plant, smack in the heart of Pennsylvania Anthracite country. Through months of hard work, continuous overtime requests, and a lot of caffeine, I rose up in rank to become a part time forklift operator for their warehouse. Now I load tractor trailers , and pray that my claustrophobia doesn't go haywire. Hopefully with enough bull-headed drive, I can make my way up to a managing position soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230103_020123~2[1].jpg
Views:	271
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	669986

Somewhere along the line, I became a workaholic, only taking a few days off per month to either metal detect, or go to Gettysburg for photography trips. I really learned to hone my skills as a photographer there, and enjoyed being in such a historic place on my days of rest.

Name:	gbp98yi.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	669989Click image for larger version

Name:	gbDSC_0783.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	669990Click image for larger version

Name:	gbDSC_0704.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	669991Click image for larger version

Name:	gbbDSC_0959.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	669992Click image for larger version

Name:	gbDSC_0639-2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	669988Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0574.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	669993

Attached Files
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Name:	stDSC_0281-2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	669995Click image for larger version

Name:	stDSC_0297.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	669996Click image for larger version

Name:	stDSC_0324.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	669997

Some classic Reading Railroad steam...

Name:	snDSC_0731.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	669998Click image for larger version

Name:	snDSC_0582.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	669999

I got myself a new friend. Her name is Eva, and she's a yearling California King Snake. She's about two ft. long.

Comment

What days I did detect, I usually found some goodies. Most of the finds were found at an ancestors place, including a silver plated name tag, silver plated buckle, my first large cent, indian head pennies, tombac bells, buckles, and misc. At a site a friend took me too, I found my oldest coins to date, including a 1793-1794 liberty cap large cent, and a draped bust half cent from 1803.

Name:	relDSC_0679-2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	670001Click image for larger version

Name:	relDSC_0681.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	426.5 KB
ID:	670002

Comment

Hopefully this year I'll be able to make myself take more days off of work to go arrowhead hunting. I finally got permission to hunt some fields where arrowheads were found before. My buddy and I are trying to make plans to hit them two weeks from now, weather permitting.

Comment

Keep on keepin on. Sounds like you got a plan

Comment

Fantastic pictures. Have a great 2023!
            South Carolina

Comment

Good to see how things are going for you Ethan and love the photography, both your skill and taking us along with you.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

You’re an inspiration.. there’s hope for America yet, how about them apples..Great story fine looking photos..👍🇺🇸.
                Floridaboy.

Comment

nice story Kentucky, great pics! I had a few false starts at your age, sounds like you got it going your way, keep.up.the hunt
                  2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

We are all very proud of you Ethan you are our youngest moderator and as I stated when we brought you into the fold. Very level headed. Reading about your year and seeing how you plan things and stick to them I see we were not wrong in selecting you. Keep on keeping on Ethan.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Very cool. Your direction in life is awesome. I seem to be around the younger generation now and then (I'm 60 and glad to have made it) and most of them I wish had your ambition.
                      Good luck the rest of your way down the railroad tracks. Great pictures
                      Missouri

Comment

What a great post Kp. We got to know you a little better. Thanks buddy. K
                        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Keep up the hard work👍🏻 Nice pictures/finds.
                          Georgia

Comment

Keep up the good work Ethan!
                            South Dakota

Comment

Thats great Ethan! Sounds like you have your head on straight, youre goal orientation, and have determination! And from my observation of your shirt, we have the same taste in music! Ive seen them live several times as well as about every other big name bands in that genre. Rocks, Relics, and Rock and Roll! We have alot in common. I wished i had known this before Secret Santa this year, i could have sent some music memorabilia as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X