Just thought I would take the time to see if
    anyone would make an attempt to give some details on
    just how they came about the name they chose to use
    on this forum.
    I use the name of "Bone2stone" as my forum name in relation
    to one of my habitual hobbies.
    Being a fossil collector I come across a lot of fossil bone
    material.
    My chosen name would imply that bone has turned to stone.
    Some of us it is pretty obvious as to how but then there
    are others that have chosen to be a little more "Creative".
    If you don't mind let's here it from you guys. B)
    Bone2stone (Jess B.)
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

I usually just use my first and last name (how original) but I was writing an email when I signed up for this and talking about some the fluted point material I find in South America as Clovisoid vs just calling it Clovis.  It seemed to work and I chose that here.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Duh......I thought Butch Wilson sounded better than Dumb@$$  !

Comment

during the 90's I worked with a bunch of guys for a very large bakery I worked the loading dock for a short time and then route sales. The guys on the loading dock named me Hoss. We had Rambo, Hone, Beef, Fudge, Jr., Yosh, and me Hoss. A couple of those guys still work that loading dock and I see Beef every now and again and I do not think he even remembers my name is Matt.
        Anyway when I signed up here Matt was taken and there are a couple guys named Matt so I used Hoss because it was given to me so many years ago. If I was going to pick my name, itwould be Uncas or or Quequeg or something like that. Uncas because he was a historical figure from CT. or Quequeg because he was a fisherman. Incidentally I did have a fishing boat named quequeg for a time, late 90's. I used to catch some monster fluke from that little boat.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

tomclark:    :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:    :woohoo:
          Hey, I'm creative! :laugh:   I'm have the same username on all forums.  I don't remember who is who when on other boards if usernames are different. Can't remember what a person's real name is, either, LOL.  Well, I do remember Hoss is Matt :cheer: 
          I collected fossils first, along with rocks and minerals.  Once I got the Artifact Bug it was Love At First Site.  I still collect it all but artifacts are #1
          a pic always improves a post

Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Duh......I thought Butch Wilson sounded better than Dumb@$$  !
              I can relate Butch and it's easier to remember!
            and Tom, here's a picture for you:

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I used to fly in the Air Force for 6 years, and after being jetset all the time I realized one thing "The World Is A Small Place". So that is how i came to have the username "Twiasp"

Comment

All thou not my real name, I been called "Chase" as long as I can remember. I go after everything hard and even chase it. Hence "Chase" I am known on other forums the same name.
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Cause I like Turkeytails???!!! inch:

Comment

The name WIldmanLivesOn comes from a history of last name, lots of construction sites, and plenty of spastic behavior. I have used this particular moniker since around 2006. My brother and I, mostly due to the implications above, seemed to always be known as Wildman at any job we had. Unfortunately, he was killed in late 2005 in the coal mines. We had lots of adventures in nature, hunting points on a regular basis, and he was so much better than I at finding locations. We were rarely separated. So in essence, WildmanLivesOn through all the adventures where all I can take is a memory for company!
                    That is me on the right. This was taken in Monroe County, TN. Notice the 4 prong between us.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...8_949709_n.jpg not found

A memorial dedicated to all the miners killed in the line of duty over the years in the hollow where he worked.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1670607_n.jpg not found

Comment

Great thread!  Pretty cool how the names came to be.  WildmanLivesOn, what an awesome way to remember your brother, and sorry for your loss, coal mining is a dangerous but neccessary industry, god bless those men.  Mine is just a made up word, not nearly as cool as some of the other stories.  My user name "Paleolution" reminds me everyday that no matter how hard life is, that Paleo man worked and suffered even more, and combined with "revolution", referring to a change in thinking and lifestyle, thereby simplifying my mind and appreciating all I have.

Comment

That is a good way to remember your brother Wildman. Thanks for sharing that with us. Rest In Peace Brandon your brother is carrying on for you.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

When choosing my user name i did not have to look far. When i was a little girl i had two different nick-names. The first choice was a name my sisters gave me because i was always extremely dirty from playing outside and i never had a silent moment. They had me convinced that before i was born, i was "Talking dirt that lived on the man named Bates that worked for my daddy".. Yep.. "talking dirt". 
                            My other nick name was given to me by my mother. She has called me "Cricket" or "Crickety Jill" for as long as I can remember.  Luckily Cricket stuck instead of talking dirt and most of my family still calls me that instead of my given name (Christy).  I asked my mom one time why cricket?  Her answer was simple... apparently I was a very busy child. She said i was always singing or talking and could never sit still. 
                          Some things never change!

Comment

Wildman, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother, but you've given him a wondeful tribute and memorial.
                            I'm Clovis on all other forums I'm on (my favorite arrowhead and it sounds like a pretty girls name to me) but when I went to sign up here it said it was already taken so I chose Adena instead. I thought it sounded like a pretty girl's name too.
                            And Adenas are my favorite arrowheads from the Woodland period so that worked too. 

Comment

Wildman, 23 is too damn young. Very sorry for your loss. Almost lost my brother Sunday night so that hits home.

Comment

Working...
                              X