Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss wildman.
    TT, hope your brother is ok!
    As for my user name...... First initial and last name.... Chris Gode ..... I know, not very creative and all but it works. The last name is pronounced with a long "e" on the end but no one gets it right which makes it fun for the telemarketers! I instantly know its time to have fun!!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thanks all for the condolences. I find it interesting to hear all these stories. Sorry to hear about your brother Turkey, hope he's ok and well.

Comment

clovisoid wrote:

I usually just use my first and last name (how original) but I was writing an email when I signed up for this and talking about some the fluted point material I find in South America as Clovisoid vs just calling it Clovis.  It seemed to work and I chose that here.
          Both destinctive and discriptive. This among others were some I was wondering about.
        I hope we can keep this going for awile.
        (Clovisoid) Was this a word you personally "coined"?
        bone2stone
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

twiasp wrote:

I used to fly in the Air Force for 6 years, and after being jetset all the time I realized one thing "The World Is A Small Place". So that is how i came to have the username "Twiasp"
          OH I see.
          I was getting a little tonge twisted trying to pronounce it.
          This is one I was wondering about.
          Yeah it is a small small place.
          On a galactic scale we are infinitesimal.
          Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

chase wrote:

All thou not my real name, I been called "Chase" as long as I can remember. I go after everything hard and even chase it. Hence "Chase" I am known on other forums the same name.
            Well now we know.
            My first thought was about chasing a dream...........
            A liflong "Nickname" is cool!
            Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

Paleolution wrote:

Great thread!  Pretty cool how the names came to be.  WildmanLivesOn, what an awesome way to remember your brother, and sorry for your loss, coal mining is a dangerous but neccessary industry, god bless those men.  Mine is just a made up word, not nearly as cool as some of the other stories.  My user name "Paleolution" reminds me everyday that no matter how hard life is, that Paleo man worked and suffered even more, and combined with "revolution", referring to a change in thinking and lifestyle, thereby simplifying my mind and appreciating all I have.
                Truly a name that is yours and yours alone....
              Good choice.
              Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

Painshill (originally spelled as two words) is where I live. It’s a restored landscaped garden conceived by Charles Hamilton in 1738, within which he planted specimen trees and shrubs from around the world - many of which came from Philadelphia. He also created a number of architectural “follies”, including a man-made crystal-lined grotto complete with a hermit who wasn’t allowed to cut his hair or nails, leave the park or speak to visitors. The hermit lost his lucrative 5-year contract after sneaking out and being caught drunk in the local inn. The park has a Wiki entry here:

The park was on what was known as the “Grand Tour” – whereby well-heeled young gentlemen would be sent on a whistle-stop tour of Europe in the interests of improving their outlook on art and culture. The visitor book for the park has Thomas Jefferson's signature in it among other notable dignitaries.
                Hamilton bankrupted himself building the park and was bought out by Benjamin Bond Hopkins in 1773, who built himself a mansion house at the top of the hill. The grounds of the house and the park itself are now two separate estates. The house was billeted by the Canadian Army during WWII and the D-Day landings were planned in part from it. After the war, the mansion was altered to create a number of independent properties and I’m fortunate to live in one of them.
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Wow what an explanation..Absolutely fasinating story.
                  Thanks Roger I figured we would get the general tour.
                  But we got it on a grand scale!!!
                  Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

Dude you are being just too too obvious.
                    Name/Avitar/favorite???
                    Well we all make choices and you apparently made a goodun.
                    Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

WildManLivesOn..........A tribute to your best friend, and he was a brother.
                      Good to see your love for your brother "lives on".
                      Just one thing............ :unsure:  :dry:  :unsure:  :dry:
                      I can't make up my mind if you look like him or does he look like you????????? :whistle:
                      What ever the case you sure could tell "Brothers"!!!!!!!! Twins???
                      Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

Uh-oh, seems I've depressed the forum, sorry bout that. You all know this particular hobby has a pretty tight knit and fairly exclusive community and we take pride in it. I went so far as to tattoo a flint spear with a broken shaft on my arm not long after he passed, with three feathers hanging from the haft. Each shaft on a feather is represented by a part of his name. The analogy here is to remind myself that even though its use is done, the other half is still out there somewhere, no matter if I see it or not.
                        On the other hand, PainsHill, you have had me researching geneaology all day today, I'm talking like ten hours worth. Still haven't found that connection between us, lol.
                        Bone, if he wasn't 6 inches taller than I, we probably could've pulled off the twins! But, no.

Comment

Working...
                        X