Snowy inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowy inspiration

It's the dead of winter here in the Rockies, pretty boring at times, but thank god I have AH.com to entertain me! lol, I just wanted to share a couple projects I'm working on since I'm stuck inside. The first one is just a plain old oak coffee table, I sanded it, wood burned the border, added some ebony stain to the border, and burned the elk skull and points. The second one is an end table I'm finishing for a friend of mine, he has all the wood working stuff and I have the pyrography machine, so we've been helping eachother make furniture for our wives. This is one of my favorite projects, I love the white space and ease of working with Douglas firs, I will post more when I'm finished!

Very Cool Tyson!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

Very Cool Tyson!
        X2!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I am impressed! Can't wait to see the finished piece.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Very nice work, very artistic.

Comment

Wow, what talent.  You are a great craftsman.  Thanks!!!

Comment

Great job, Tyson :cheer:
              Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks everyone!  I have enjoyed building furniture over the last couple weeks, I'm hoping to get a few more pieces done.  I will post when I have more done.

Comment

Glad your keeping busy! Nice work! I made a quilt rack once, just stuck with woodburning flowers after that! My measurements were always just a tad off and I got tired of sanding! Takes talent and patience, looks like you have both, Sandy

Comment

A wonderful talent that you have, just keep it up and we may see some of your stuff in a gallery.
                    BTW: Have you ever done any graphics depicting dinos?
                    Also, have you done any glass top display tables?
                    Jess B
                    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                    Circa:1982

Comment

Thanks Dandielyon, it takes a lot of time and concentration for sure, but I enjoy doing it.  Jesse, thanks for the compliments, but no I have not done any dinosaur ones, great idea tho a raptor skull would be pretty cool!  I have done some glass top tables, but not for displays, I'm planning on making one now.  I'm going to cut out a giant Folsom shaped slab and inlay some glass on the top, and make a display below.  That's on the list for sure! 
                      Here's a couple updated photos, I have around 8 hours into it for the week. 

Comment

real nice work man

Comment

Working...
                        X