Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discouraging doesn't even begin to describe it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discouraging doesn't even begin to describe it.

So I go back to the creek where I found the rib bone this morning. Water levels down a little. Ducks wading in the water. Ground hog running around on the banks. Peaceful, warm and breezy. Come around a bend and there's three separate spots on a gravel bar within 50 yards of each other with still smoldering and foaming meth cook dumps. I'll never go back there. So pissed I can hardly see straight. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
    Rick, East Central Missouri

I seen something like that last time we went out there on that last bar I went to but didn't think to mention it to you. Kind of reminded me of stripped wire material but think it might be something else they call shake -and- bake, burn the trash I guess. I think we both have an idea how they are getting there too. Shame, I think You should go other way anyway.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Rick, I wish I had a dollar for ever time I have went back home empty handed.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

Rick, I wish I had a dollar for ever time I have went back home empty handed.
          Empty handed I can handle. Do it all the time and I'm fine with that. Heck I expect it, part of the hobby. Hazardous meth cooking residue polluting our streams is another story. Inexcusable. Meth, "The Devil's Dandruff" as I like to call it. Josh, I'm not finished with that creek yet but yes, will travel up stream next time.

Comment

I know a couple of collectors in Kentucky that lost good productive areas to meth cooks.  If the chemicals don't scare you, the meth heads packing heat should.
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I can understand why you are upset but just be thankful you didn't catch them in the act!
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

clovisoid wrote:

If the chemicals don't scare you, the meth heads packing heat should.

rmartin wrote:

I can understand why you are upset but just be thankful you didn't catch them in the act!
                Yep on both counts and precisely why I turned right around and will never go back.
              On a lighter note, it sure is a beautiful day here today and can't wait to see what everybody finds on this fine weekend.

Comment

Gents: a really important point: Please notify LEO of any drug related sites you stumble across. 2 reasons. Clues might lead them to the perpetrators, and a clean up with haz-mat guidelines is needed. this stuff pollutes the ground and water.
                It is not too late to report this find even now, but please do it.

Comment

Not to worry. I left the creek and drove straight to the Sheriff's Department not even 1 mile away and showed them the exact location on Google Maps. They said they knew of a couple of people in very close proximity to the site that could very well be responsible. They were very appreciative of the tip.

Comment

Working...
                  X