The Kamchatka Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kamchatka Device

I just had to share this one with you. It’s from the creationist “museum” website run by the guy that popped up on our forum recently making claims for giants in America:

Yes, it does look awfully like a bunch of fossilized crinoid columnals. But no. That’s the world’s first machine. Maybe a type of watch or computer. Those geared cogs are made of metal. No, not siderite, pyrite or hematite fossil replacement. Actual metal. Fossilised metal that’s 400 million years old. From a machine that fell into a swamp. The authenticity of the find has been certified. American geologists examined the machine and confirmed it was a machine.

I loved the explanation that a geologist is “someone that studies stone”. Well, I’m reassured that they should know what they're talking about then. Whoever they are.
    As the website says, you would expect crinoids to have the vague appearance of gears. It’s evidence of “design” in crinoids which – of course – mimicked human designs. Of course.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Gee Roger, I think I found a time machine up here! The gears are bigger, but I am sure I can get it authenticated. Do you have a number that I can get research done on this? I bet I could get grant money as well. I just need to explain how it fell on a hill. Any ideas? I bet the Vikings put it up there, I will have to check on the markings, they were friends of the giant race, maybe a collaboration. Thanks for the laugh! :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Well worth reading for the laugh, thanks for sharing Roger.  Wow, fossilized metal machine gears, studied and verified by whom???  No scientist in their right minds would put their name on that drabble!

Comment

I've known quite a few people like GWAM. They are often very normal in all respects so far as one can tell from knowing them casually or closely. Yet they become obsessed with crazy ideas and there is no dissuading them otherwise.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks for that Roger!!! I needed some humor after a tough Day.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Someone drew this to my attention:

So, on the left, we have a specimen of the fossil crinoid Laudonomphalus regularis from Devonian deposits in the Pas-de-Calais in France which resides in the Natural History Museum at Lille [pic by F. Lamiot – Creative Commons licence]:

And on the right, we have a 400 million year old man-made metal machine pictured on Chris Lesley’s creationist website and claimed to have been found by an archaeologist in a swamp in a remote part of Eastern Russia.
            That’s gotta be a coincidence, right?
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Coincidence.....Yeah Right! An amazing one at that! Thanks for the comparison Roger.
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

:crazy:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :laugh:
                Professor Shellman
                Tampa Bay

Comment

Wow how bout dat....
                  I had a run in with Creationists
                  in Glen Rose Tx.
                  They got their own museum there.
                  They purchased some nice specimens and no matter what
                  I said or labled it they had their own theory.
                  Did not bother them a bit to exagerate.
                  Jess B.
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

:rolf:  :rolf: that is awesome!!
                    Southern Connecticut

Comment

That is too funny. Thanks for sharing that Roger.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wow.  Funny, sad, odd.
                        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

There is a creationist museum in Ohio that actually has a display with Jesus riding a T-Rex!  The minister from my wifes church came over for dinner and I showed him my arrowhead displays.  I explained that the Clovis points were approximately 10,000 years old.  He said "how can that be, when the earth is only 4,000 years old?"

Comment

kkrad wrote:

There is a creationist museum in Ohio that actually has a display with Jesus riding a T-Rex!  The minister from my wifes church came over for dinner and I showed him my arrowhead displays.  I explained that the Clovis points were approximately 10,000 years old.  He said "how can that be, when the earth is only 4,000 years old?"
                              Yes.... and I was confident the world wasn't going to end in December 2012 like the Mayans said because I had a yogurt in my fridge that didn't expire until February 2013.

Comment

Here are more details on this amazing discovery by one of the world's foremost investigative journals...
                              RUSSIA - An artifact 400 million years old has been discovered. The world's first mechanical device!

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                              X