Amimal Lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amimal Lovers

I have noticed that some of you mentioned your animals in topics when writting about artifacts and metal detecting {love the one about the dog digging the holes back out once they were filled back up} so I thought I'd post pictures of my critters.
    First is Mandy {10 years old} ,she is not at all friendly with strangers and most others she knows, only 3 people can go in her lot without the risk of getting bit. The first time I took her to the vet I asked if he had a muzzel. He wanted to know if I thought that was needed,so as she sat there showing him her teeth, I said "you be the judge of that". In the photo she is waving, taught her that when she was a baby.
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...s/100_1858.jpg Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1858.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	221132

Second is little Daisy. I got her when she was a baby {3 years old now}. Her previous owners had mistreated her a lot. They had kicked the little thing across the room numerous times and finally put her on the back porch to live in a small box where she had to eat, sleep, pee and poop all in the same place. It took me hours to get her fur combed out and the stinky mess cleaned off of her. She is the sweetest dog you'd ever meet, loves everyone and everything even the cat in the next picture. I also call her my barking door bell.
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...s/100_1854.jpg Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1854.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	221133

Next is Cracker, he isn't 1 year old yet. He was an orphan that followed me home one day as I was coming back from the field. Something had torn a chunk out of his side so I took him in , doctored him up and here he is!
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...s/100_1850.jpg Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1850.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	221134

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...s/100_1855.jpg Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1855.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	221135

Daisy must have doggie breath from the looks of the last picture!
    For all of you that have animals, love them, Sherry.
    Would love to see pictures of some of your critters.

Thats Roscoe!  Hes the one that dug the holes!  As you can see hes got something in his mouth getting ready to dig another hole in the wifes garden!

Comment

Sherry, here is a pic of my Plott Hound, Brindle Belle in her favorite chair. Belle is always in trouble for something.

Comment

Ya can't help but love them even when they get in trouble  :angry:   . They are both adorable. Thanks for posting the pictures.   

Comment

Love Animals of all kinds, cept snakes.  This first pic is of the cats we had up til about a year ago but have slowly added to them by gaining what other people throw away.  We got about 5 more outdoor cats.  Once we get them somewhat tamed - we take them to town and get all their shots and have them fixed to keep the population down.

The next pic is my workmate "Jim."  He a registered QH Golden Palomino Stallion and he and I have put many miles on the trail together over the years.  He's a Texas cow pony thru and thru.  Knows how to cut and some of the fancy stuff like siding up to gates so you can open them without getting out of the saddle.  Believe it or not - he's 37 yrs old.  Aint got any jaw teeth so he gets fed three times a day on softened food.  Vet says that's the only reason he's lasted this long.  He's earned it.  ---Chuck

Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

This Rusty, most lovable friendly dog Ive ever seen. He is about as sharp as a bowling ball but we love him!

Comment

Mark - I've heard tell that dogs take after their owners :woohoo: Seriously - he a good lookin dog - Terrier type? ---Chuck
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

1/2 purebred lab and 1/2 fiest. VERY hyper! He also comes to the names, Dufuss, poopsie and dumb- a**! He loves EVERYBODY!!

Comment

Here are two best friends. Cinch is the dog and Colton is my little man. We bought Cinch when we found out we were having a baby, that way they can grow up together.

Comment

Chuck, I think you deserve an award or metal of some sort for taking in all those cats. I bet you don't have a mouse anywhere near your place, it wouldn't have a chance. I'm like you when it comes to snakes and I don't care what kind they are , I don't like them and the mice rate right up there with them! The horse is just simply beautiful!
                    Rusty is just sooooo pretty and he posed so good for the picture, excuse me I meant handsome.   
                    Sherry   

Comment

Chris, have ya had Colton out arrowhead hunting with you yet? I started Karly out at 4 he looks to be 3? Its a blast to take them out but be ready to haul around LOTS of "pretty rocks"!

Comment

Chris, is that a Sheep Dog? Whatever kind he's a nice dog and the two look like they are best of buddies.      A very handsome young man!
                        Sherry

Comment

I took Colton arrowhead hunting with me for the 1st time Saturday. He had a blast playing in the dirt. I bought him a small shovel and he dug and filled up buckets for me.   He will be 3 in a month so I'm starting him early.
                          Cinch is an Australian Shepherd. He loves to herd the neighbors cows, even when he is not supposed to. Haha.

Comment

Get em started early is the way to go! Your first couple trips may be short ones but thats OK If ya make them stay out when their bored they will learn to not like it. Keep it interesting, bring a lunch for a picnic worked great for me! This is my best buddy, part girly- girl/ part tom-boy! Daddy daughter dance 2009. Mark.

Comment

All you guys...?..Shoot!...got it going on.The similarities btween us all? Amazing!..You know ive spoke of the animals circle of life?...I believe when us ourselves pass on in our own circle of life...The animals weve known will be waiting to accompany us when we go before him...Im going in like Noah!!!!....heart warming unh?.......Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X