Off to the World Series again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to the World Series again!

Well, so much for the Dodgers! Bring on whoever! This is the year of the Cards! :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

Your opponent remains to be seen of course. I believe if the ALCS goes 7, you will face Detroit. And I'm a Sox fan saying that!
    Rhode Island

Comment

CMD wrote:

Your opponent remains to be seen of course. I believe if the ALCS goes 7, you will face Detroit. And I'm a Sox fan saying that!
        OK, I take that back :rolf:
      Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by CMD post=100955
          OK, I take that back :rolf:
          Too late Charlie!  :lol: The Cards are going to send the Sox packing B)
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I heard some guy on ESPN radio announcing that the Red Sox were a given in the WS. He said that they were clearly the best team. I have to say I think the guy is an idiot! Has he not been watching one of the most dominating pitching performances in post season history. The Cards pitching has been absolutely dominating! Not to mention every year they always pick some AL team to win because of the stacked line-ups they have. Well, PITCHING, is how you win championships. Look at what the NL teams have done the last few years. Cards in six!

Comment

Detroit arguably had the best pitching in the league.  Go Sox!

Comment

How many runs did Detroit give up? The Cards pitching is on record so far as one of the best ever this postseason. And we ain't playing Detroit! Go Cards!!!!!!!

Comment

Pinetree1 wrote:

I heard some guy on ESPN radio announcing that the Red Sox were a given in the WS. He said that they were clearly the best team. I have to say I think the guy is an idiot! Has he not been watching one of the most dominating pitching performances in post season history. The Cards pitching has been absolutely dominating! Not to mention every year they always pick some AL team to win because of the stacked line-ups they have. Well, PITCHING, is how you win championships. Look at what the NL teams have done the last few years. Cards in six!
                  I have to agree with CoachG, I never saw a starting rotation as dominant as Detroit's. 2 no hitters into the  6th inning against the best hitting team in the majors in their home park, and the 3rd starter carried a no hitter into the 5th. I believe Detroit had the best starting pitching I have ever seen in baseball. Yet, the Sox won by working the pitch count and forcing Detroit into their bullpen. Boston had a plan and the plan worked. Boston Strong I believe will prevail in this series. In addition, Boston's pitching is good enough. Boston should be the favorite, IMHO, but of course, favorites don't always win. I just believe, as the Red Sox players have since April when they dedicated their season to the marathon victims, that Boston Strong will indeed prevail. 2013 is Boston's year because of the mission the Red Sox are on. IMHO, and in my fondest hope but of course, they are my team. I must agree with whoever that ESPN announcer was, Boston is the better and more balanced team. They have more ways to win then St. Louis. The Cards have had some great teams in recent years. But, Ray, I'm sorry, nobody can stop the Sox mission. From last to World Championship will be the story of the 2013 World Series B)
                Rhode Island

Comment

19 runs in 6 games given up by Detroit if I'm not mistaken. 13 in 6 given up by Cards.  Cards might win the series 4-0.  I don't see how one more run a game makes them a Hall of Fame pitching staff compared to the Tigers.  The Cards have great pitching, but I'll take Boston's offense over the Dodgers any day.  May the best team win.

Comment

I could handle 3 more games like that.  Go Sox!

Comment

Why do they have to ruin the game in the AL with the DH and gimmicky ballparks. Let the pitchers account for themselves and build normal parks. I can't wait to get back to StL and play baseball, not pinball! Oh yeah, go Cards!

Comment

Pinetree1 wrote:

Why do they have to ruin the game in the AL with the DH and gimmicky ballparks. Let the pitchers account for themselves and build normal parks. I can't wait to get back to StL and play baseball, not pinball! Oh yeah, go Cards!
                          Nah, Fenway IS baseball history. One of the last historic parks left. The Green Monster is a baseball icon. If the cards win, they win. If they don't, they don't. Don't blame Fenway. Build normal parks?? Fenway is 100 years old, it's not new! Lol....
                        Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by Pinetree1 post=101613
                            Nah, Fenway IS baseball history. One of the last historic parks left. The Green Monster is a baseball icon. If the cards win, they win. If they don't, they don't. Don't blame Fenway. Build normal parks?? Fenway is 100 years old, it's not new! Lol....
                            Ouch to that game and I am a Cards fan, but you can't argue with CMD on Fenway!
                          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I don't get the  gimmicky comment for AL ballparks?. The Gimmik is the Designated Hitter in the AL. Not the ball parks them selves. Some of the old time ball parks are iconic like the Oriels Camden Yards. I agree about the green monster too. Hope they never change Fenway. I aint even a Boston fan.  I have been to Fenway though. The old Yankee stadium and Shea and Camden Yards. My favorite was Camden Yards.
                            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Boston can't help that the AL has a DH.  They just happen to have one of the best, if not the best in the history of the game.  Looks like you all might get this one though.  Maybe the beards will pull through.

Comment

Working...
                              X