No announcement yet.

Off to the World Series again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fenway is a terrible park. Short wall in left, 4,000 feet in center with a right angled wall, and a three foot fence in right. That's a gimmick! Build a symmetrical park. 330 down the lines, 400 in center and 375 in the allies. I'm not blaming the park for the Cards kicking the ball around last night. I just can't stand Fenway park. John Lester had a green sticky substance in his glove last night. They have it on video. I thought the Sox were a class team like the Cards. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

He didn't have a snot rag so he had to blow his nose in his glove.  Happens to the best of em.

Comment

CoachG wrote:

He didn't have a snot rag so he had to blow his nose in his glove.  Happens to the best of em.
        That's a good one!  :rolf: I really like Lester and didn't see the ball running abnormally. I think Lester is a better lefty than Kershaw! The Cards need not play soccer with the ball if they want to win!

Comment

They keep booting it around, and we might have a chance.  Hollidays been a beast both games.

Comment

Maybe next game.

Comment

This Just In! Everybody is heading to St. Louis, all tied up a 1 a piece. Are those Redbird Rookies awesome or what???
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Pinetree1 wrote:

Fenway is a terrible park. Short wall in left, 4,000 feet in center with a right angled wall, and a three foot fence in right. That's a gimmick! Build a symmetrical park. 330 down the lines, 400 in center and 375 in the allies. I'm not blaming the park for the Cards kicking the ball around last night. I just can't stand Fenway park. John Lester had a green sticky substance in his glove last night. They have it on video. I thought the Sox were a class team like the Cards. I guess I was wrong.
                  And there isn't a professional ball player who hasn't expressed awe when they enter Fenway Park for the first time. We hear that from the NL stars every year during inter league games. "I got goose bumps when I walked onto the field" "I can't tell you what it means to me to finally play a game in this ballpark!"  Unlike you, they actually respect the history and tradition. Unlike you, they respect baseball history. Maybe after you win the series, you can start a petition to have Fenway Park demolished!! That way, the historic park will never be able to "stain" the game of baseball again. You'll be coming back to the park you hate before that happens though. To watch your birdies cry like babies. If there is a game 6, pinetree, you are going to really hate Fenway.  And Fenway has seen more baseball history in 101 years then your oh so ordinary homogenized ballpark , the McDonalds of major league ballparks actually, will see in the next 1000 years. BTW, MLB said the substance was resin. Go whine and cry to them.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Well looks like I am done with this thread! While I didn't care for Pinetree's comments about the Boston stadium, I certainly didn't care for the crybaby statement and the comparison of Busch to a McDonald's. The Cardinals are a First Class organization.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Whatever happened to a little good old fashion trash talk guys?  Let's not take things too serious.  Ole Mark and Sosa were on the juice.  Still two of my favorite players.  Look up George Brett S**** his pants.  That will lighten the mood a little.  Don't youtube it if you don't like a little cussing though.

Comment

Calm down CMD. Everyone has an opinion and mine is in favor of parks like the one in StL. I have watched and played and loved baseball all my life. I respect the tradition of Fenway park and love the atmosphere, but hate the park! Like Coach says, just a little talk. No harm intended. Go Cards!

Comment

I was watching fer a fight. haha had popcorn in hand :crazy:  guess this is not the hockey arena :crazy:  :crazy:  musta took a wrong turn :crazy:  :crazy:  where is the exit :crazy:  :crazy: ok you all have bad stadiums  :rolf:  :rolf:  Denver is the only good field out there they just dont have a team.  :rolf:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :rolf:
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                        X