More Then Just A Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Then Just A Game

I'm a fan, watched over 100 games in their entirety this year, and fans can get worked up at times. My hats off to the Cardinals and their fans. I know they treated Sox fans with open arm welcomes in St. Louis. The Sox won and so I know it's easy to say it was the most likable team I've known, but considering what Bobby Valentine did to the team and city last year, having Big Papi tell the crowd in April, "This is our 'bleepin' city!" , and just seeing them do this at Fenway for the first time in 95 years, having Carlton Fisk, hero of the "greatest World Series game ever played"(1975) throw out the first pitch, it probably will be the most special night in "the cathedral of baseball" in those fans lifetimes. I thought this article stated exactly what it meant to a lot of us here. Can't imagine how losing this would have felt like after so much else being tied into it here, but my heartfelt sympathy to Cards fans.
    These Red Sox finally gave fans what they've longed to see -- a World Series clincher at Fenway Park.

Rhode Island

Thanks for that Charlie. I would like to congratulate Boston, its team and its fans. You guys were the better team this year. However.....game six in 2011 was the Greatest game ever!
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Thanks for that Charlie. I would like to congratulate Boston, its team and its fans. You guys were the better team this year. However.....game six in 2011 was the Greatest game ever!
        I can't even remember the 75 World Series.  But I do remember it's ending in the 12th with Carlton Fisk waving his ball fair. They kept calling it "the greatest World Series game played" during this series. What do I know....
      Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by rmartin post=102524
          I can't even remember the 75 World Series.  But I do remember it's ending in the 12th with Carlton Fisk waving his ball fair. They kept calling it "the greatest World Series game played" during this series. What do I know....
          Charlie, I remember that game. I was there...well at least in front of my TV LOL!
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Thanks and congratulations to your Sox. Great team. Ugly park! I actually picked the Sox at the start of the season. I can't wait for next year!

Comment

Fenway Park ranked 3rd most beautiful Major League Park. Busch came in 9th.....
            From the Polo Grounds to the House that Ruth Built, Major League Baseball has been played in some wonderful and famous ballparks over the years...

FWIW, Fenway consistently ranks in the top 5.
            And a ranking of the 5 most artistic parks in MLB.
            #2 Fenway Park
            #4 Busch Stadium
              "Many parks throughout Major League Baseball are true works of art. Unlike games such as football or basketball, the dimensions of a baseball field are not universal and predetermined. This allows engineers and designers the opportunity to put a very personalized touch on the outfield wall and beyond, creating distinctly different experiences in different locations. Here’s a list of the five best ballparks in all of Major League Baseball from the perspective of an artist."

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
            X