Clear All

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by rmartin post=157462
    GO BIG 10!!
      And why not, good league.....
      Too bad it was a "down" year
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Charlie, Coack K only thinks he is God ! He isn't really, he doesn't controll the ACC !  The ACC has always been a powerful basketball conference the weakness has always been football. The restructuring of football in the conference started with FSU's entry and adding the Irish will certainly help ! If you want to talk about a powerhouse check out UNC's womens soccer 21 of the 31 NCAA Championships !

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Charlie, Coack K only thinks he is God ! He isn't really, he doesn't controll the ACC !  The ACC has always been a powerful basketball conference the weakness has always been football. The restructuring of football in the conference started with FSU's entry and adding the Irish will certainly help ! If you want to talk about a powerhouse check out UNC's womens soccer 21 of the 31 NCAA Championships !
          I quite agree the ACC has always been strong. With Duke and North Carolina, tough not to be since they advance so far in the Dance so often. The realignments were driven by football. The new BE is the only pure basketball league in existence. As is, it's exactly what Dave Gavitt wanted. But, the viewership in college ball is tuned into ESPN. The only basketball fans watching the Big East on Fox Sports 1 are Big East fans. Virtually nobody else. In addition, the pundants on ESPN take every opportunity to trash and belittle the league they once broadcast nation wide. And this year, the Big East justified the bad reviews. But for purists in the Northeast, it's the only league formed with basketball in mind. The football conferences want the Big East to fail, they are  hoping against hope that the Big East won't recruit and will slip into minor status among leagues. This is about $$$ of course. And the $$$ is in football, even as it becomes clearer every year that we should not be raising our children to enhance their chances at life altering concussions. Yet I love my Pats! I support the sport as a fan, so I'm a bit hypocritical at that.
        Rhode Island

Comment

By the way, college hoops fans. There was a reason the BE and Big 12 did well on Selection Sunday itself. It seems 10 member leagues, small leagues, are able to game the RPI system to their advantage. In a manner larger leagues cannot. So not to be confused, the Big 12 has only 10 members, as does the BE. This advantage, described at the link, does work when your league's teams do well in the OOC portion of their schedule. Get the majority of your teams into the league portion of your schedule with good RPI's, and your league is sitting itself up for good news on Selection Sunday. The BE always planned to expand to 12 someday. FWIW, they now know 10 team leagues have a huge advantage when it comes to "gaming" the RPI.

Rhode Island

Comment

You are correct it is about money ! The ACC needs the money generated from the TV revenue of the larger northeast markets ! I don't believe they care one way or the other what happens to the Big East ! College sports has become more than a saturday afternoon student rally !  Pats , lordy now you gotta bring that up ! 

Comment

I know its off topic but its related to you folk up north of me.  Fall River Dreams.  One of my favorite books thats about Chris Herren.  His story is a great one. I'm sure you all have heard of him before haha.  Anyways if you ever get bored its a good read...got that Friday Night Lights feel to it
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Down to Wisconsin and Duke.   Got to go with Wisconsin.  If they can knock of Kentucky,  then they should be able to handle Duke.
                South Dakota

Comment

Didn't expect that, but Wisconsin was better. I agree, Gary, hard to see Wisconsin being denied at this point. But no surprises left now either way.
                  Rhode Island

Comment

I could see Duke winning, but I'm pulling for the Wisconsin boys.

Comment

Even though my livelihood resides with the ACC ! I am one of the ABD crowd ! (Anybody but Duke).

Comment

Got to go with the Big 10. Go Wisconsin!
                        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I'm having a hard time rooting for either team, stuck between a rock and a hard place for cats fans. I'm going to pull for the underdog I think  :rolf: just don't tell anyone.  inch:
                          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Here we go.  Go Wisconsin!
                            South Dakota

Comment

Sad ending. Hate the Duke. Not fond of Coach K. Bummer.....
                              Rhode Island

Comment

couple b.s. calls at the end there....I can't stand with referees decide outcomes of games
                                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                                X