NCAA Hockey Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hockey Championship

My Providence College basketball team was a dud at the Dance this year.
    But, for the first time in my life I can actually say my Providence College Friars are the National Champions :woohoo:
    BOSTON -- Providence had waited three decades for this moment. Actually, check that. Forever. Not one player on this year’s team was even born the last and only time the Friars played for a DI national championship in men‘s ice hockey in 1985.

I thought I was dreaming. My team just won the national title last night. I saw it with my own eyes. Wow. Little Rhody the center of the hockey universe for one incredible night. Awesome hockey game. Not the biggest hockey fan, but nothing gets the heart pumping more then a game played in a blur with a finish as wild as last night. If you're into the game, hockey is a non-stop adrenaline rush, last 2 minutes among the most heart pumping nerve wracking 120 seconds of my life. At the buzzer, all but leapt through the ceiling, as did most of the state of Rhode Island.....
    Rhode Island

Gotta be pretty cool to have the National Champs of any sport residing in your state. I've never watched hockey before but I got a hockey story.  I remember getting ready for school one day when I was little..and me and my older bro would always watch Sportscenter in the mornings.  Well Top 10 plays were on and I heard the announcer say "Mike Peca with the goal"...I about flipped...its the same as my name minus the "k" in the last name.   Come to find out he was a decent hockey player, so I got to hear my name on Sportscenter every once in a while haha.  Also I've held a regulation puck before and I've attempted to ice skate...much respect to hockey players.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Good story, Mike. Yep, Little Rhody never had a national champion in a major team sport before. It was a surreal feeling when the game ended. Not a big hockey fan, either, but that was fun....

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
      X