No announcement yet.

Anybody in to card collecting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was around 10 or 11 and there was a bunch of old cars behind my uncles house and I was plundering and found about 50 in a glove box of one of them , they were from late 40s / mid 50s ...Traded them shortly after I found them for 2 gallon jars full of marbles ...... ( probly a bad choice lol) .... After just a month or so I had shot marbles all over south Florida with that sling shot .... Wish I had them now 😢😢😢😢😢
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Might have been some really good keepers in that 50 or so cards.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I never got into the card collecting but I was always at the sports events . My girlfriend was a Lakers girl ( cheerleader ) so I would be at all those games . Got some stories there ..
        Then my Dad’s neighbor was Ross Porter the Dodgers sports
        Commentator and he gave us club house seats all year . Steve Garvey ( 1st base then ) wife and I did charity events . Living in LA back then put you in some world class seats . Hockey you name it . I think the energy from a basketball game rivals them all . That’s just me always action .
        No team disputes here just who lived and worked there and I seized the moments knowing these would be memories forever .

Comment

Back in the early 90’s, the wife and I checked into a hotel in Gatlinburg, Tn. A car show and nascar autograph session was about to start. Everyone at the autograph session was really upset that Dale Earnhardt Sr. Was replaced with a new driver by the name of Jeff Gordon. I felt so foolish standing in line to have some kid I didn’t know sign his autograph for me. Glad i did as it started a new hobby for me.

Comment

I collect NASCAR cards by a card company named Panini. They are awesome! Some have a piece of race used material i.e a tire, sheet metal, firesuit etc. They also have genuine autographs. They also do football, basket ball, football, baseball and others that I can't remember right now. I will post a pick of my best ones soon.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Here they are. If you notice the Austin Dillon card, it is #19/25 ever made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1000.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	314819 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1001.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	314820 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1002.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	314821

These are only a few that I have.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
              X