What incredible timing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What incredible timing!

This past week, on our trip to Georgia, a NASCAR race was scheduled for Bristol TN. I knew that there would be a slight, but almost non existent chance we could see haulers. Me and my brother are huge NASCAR fans and we were holding out to see at least one trailer. Sure enough, as we hit the VA, NC border, Kyle Busch's hauler flew past, decked out in M&M's and Skittles bling. Kyle is my favorite driver. Denny Hamlin was next followed by the Hendrick motorsports team. Clint Bowyer, Chase Elliott, Kevin Harvick, Alex Bowman, and scores of others drove past us. I tried to take pictures, and I only caught a few.

But this is not what this topic is about! On Monday, instead of going to Tybee Island GA, to look for seashells, we decided to go to Hilton Head, NC. We didn't find a darn thing. On the way back to where we were staying, My dad remembered that a coffee/apparel company was located nearby. Black Rifle Coffee Co. and Nine Line apparel were located in the same building. It is a veteran owned and operated store. As we pulled up, we saw an entourage of people, TV cameras, a NASCAR hauler and a tarped car outside of the building. We walked over to have a look, and then the owner of the company came out a told everybody to stand behind the tarped car and yell "three, two, one" as they were pulling off the tarp. And low and behold, Jeffrey Earnhardt walked up in front of the car! We counted down, and they unveiled Jeffrey's car for the race at Darlington Raceway! It was a beautiful car, and what incredible timing! If we came two minutes later, we would have missed out. My brother and I got a picture with him, and he signed my hat, and two promotional posters for us. All I could say was, "Gee thanks Mr. Earnhardt!"

Now that is what I call a vacation!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0912.jpgff.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	314744
    Clint Bowyer

Name:	DSC_0958.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	314745
    Kevin Harvick

Name:	DSC_0934.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	314746
    Chase Elliott and William Byron

As soon as NASCAR officially unveils the car at Darlington, I will post the picture of the car. Pics of my autographs are coming soon.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

And what a race that was ! Kyles car was a mess and Kurt winnng .

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      There was a lot of screaming and popcorn throwing on lap two...

Earnhardt (Intimidator and Jr) is definitely a name I recognize but Jeffrey is a new one to Me. I don't stay informed on all The Nascar stuff but I enjoyed that Movie about The Earnhardt's and reading about The Intimidator.
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 08-22-2018, 08:38 PM.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeffrey is Dale Sr.'s grandson and Dale Jr.'s nephew. He is an okay driver, but a really cool guy.

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, nice Pic's also.

Your title says it all KP. A once in a lifetime event and there you were. Awesome story and pics. Can't wait to see the unveiling pics.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I just can't release them until NASCAR does. Doing so could lead up to a $100,000 fine.

Here are my autographs.

Name:	DSC_1004.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	314824

Name:	DSC_1005.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	314825

*There are two posters.

Comment

Name:	DlUdEIFWwAIXUnL.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	315087

This is the car they unveiled with us. The actual pictures with our family in them will be here on Monday or sooner.

Comment

I had high hopes for Trevor . It’s so sad about his aliments . Now he is not going to race .

Comment

Here's the pic.

Name:	Jeffrey-Earnhardt-2018-Darlington-Raceway-paint-scheme.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	321999

Comment

Name:	Jeffrey-Earnhardt-scheme.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	322144

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              This was not the only pic. I can't find the others.
          Working...
          X