Anyone like the old style drag races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like the old style drag races?

Gassers in particular. Here's a great story (on many levels) of a 'blast from the past'.
    If you're into pre '65 cars, I highly recommend the H.A.M.B. ((Hokey Assed Message Board) It's also free to sell your old rusty assed car parts here - COOL!
    This rebuild means a lot to me because I watched this car race as a kid about 8 or 9 years old. Gene is going to be helping and by my side during the...

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I dream of a 64 Dodge Polara with 426 wedge motor, cross ram intake and 4 speed :evil:
    Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

When I was a kid there were a few beautiful gasssers in my neighborhood: one of them being a altered wheelbase '64 Polera called the Ramblin' Rose - it was amazing! I'm still looking for a photo of it. Some of the pics here make good wallpapers ~
      My "almost finished" '41 Willys....Gray primer, red and white pleated interior, metalflake red steering wheel, 5" Ansen wheels up front, steelies with...

Comment

Olden wrote:

.Gassers in particular.
        If you're into pre '65 cars, I highly recommend the H.A.M.B. ((Hokey Assed Message Board)  
          Yes Olden those are pretty neat but I kind of prefer the 1960's and early 1970's muscle cars.

Comment

I'm right there with you 11KBP! Back in the day I had a 1968 Mustang 2+2 390/375hp with 750 dual-line Holley carb. Those were the days!

Comment

Great memories! Thanks Olden and 11KBP. I bought a '69 396 Camaro convertible in 1970 with less than 12000 miles. Paid 2700 dollars for it. Metal flake blue with a white top. Sure wish I had a picture.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

[QUOTE]11KBP wrote:

Originally posted by Olden post=86383
              .Gassers in particular.
              If you're into pre '65 cars, I highly recommend the H.A.M.B. ((Hokey Assed Message Board)  
                Yes Olden those are pretty neat but I kind of prefer the 1960's and early 1970's muscle cars.
              Some sweet muscle cars there 11 - I'm real fond of the '66-'67 GTO: my brothers bud always kept his in our driveway for me to drool over.
              Darrin Stokes (DINOSR) is the owner of this fantastic '67 GTO, easily one of the best sounding cars at Summernats burnout finals. How he managed to swing thi...

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Great memories! Thanks Olden and 11KBP. I bought a '69 396 Camaro convertible in 1970 with less than 12000 miles. Paid 2700 dollars for it. Metal flake blue with a white top. Sure wish I had a picture.
                  Great price on that one - I think I paid $2,100 for a new VW bug in '70!

Comment

[QUOTE]Olden wrote:

[quote=11KBP post=86390]
                  Originally posted by Olden post=86383

Some sweet muscle cars there 11 - I'm real fond of the '66-'67 GTO: my brothers bud always kept his in our driveway for me to drool over.
                    The '66 -and- '67 GTO's were very nice cars ...beautiful interiors.

Comment

Truett wrote:

I'm right there with you 11KBP! Back in the day I had a 1968 Mustang 2+2 390/375hp with 750 dual-line Holley carb. Those were the days!
                      Gotta love the Mustang! In '66 I had a new fastback: only had the 289, but still found lotsa ways to get into trouble with it

Comment

I would use the LS6,M22 and 4.10 gears lol. Or maybe a motion Camaro :rolf:
                      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

I would use the LS6,M22 and 4.10 gears lol.
                          LOL Josh, yes the LS6, M22 -and- 4:10 gears are a fine combination.

Comment

Hey fellas everyone likes muscle here is some newer generation muscle ! My son collects Saleen Mustangs here is his Saleen '97 Cobra number 7 of 13 built !

Comment

Heres Chrysler's experimental (replica) Car.
                            Original Ramchargers Chrysler powered Plymouth with the first ever homemade tunnel ram makes a trial run at Byron #ramchargers #original #tunnelram

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Hey fellas everyone likes muscle here is some newer generation muscle ! My son collects Saleen Mustangs here is his Saleen '97 Cobra number 7 of 13 built !
                                Nice looking car Butch!

Comment

Working...
                              X