Real Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Cave

I'm always telling ya'll how my neighbor is giving me pointers on where to look on his property for artifacts - well - today he told me about a cave that his Dad had shown them when he was a little kid (55 yrs ago). Said his Dad wouldn't let any of them go into it but he doesn't remember why. After he described it to me and pointed me in the direction - I headed out - down the mountain side to find it.

Underneath an overhang - I found it!!! It has a small opening but big enough to crawl into and runs north and south into the mountain side, which is mostly limerock.

Now - can ya guess what I'm going to be doing in the future. I ain't going into this thing by myself. Got a friend who is up for it tho and has some cave experience. I noticed a couple of traps (like muskrat traps) down on one side of this cave and it's pretty wet so I imagine it's gonna get muddy. Got lots of rope and lots of trees to tie it to. Gonna be a while before we can get into this as it just keeps on raining. Will keep ya'll posted as we get into it. ---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Will be listening in on this one...I loves caves..I know of many in NM...Im going in August and cant wait to show you guys some myself...jn

Comment

Jn - Please to keep us posted.  I'm really interested in what people find in caves.  All of them are unique and interesting to explore.  Most of what I dig in are over hangs that only go back about 20 feet so I don't really classify them as caves.  Will just have to wait til August to see what ya post. ---Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Good luck to both of ya! And be careful! Wish we had caves here.

Comment

Will do friend...first one I will show is a small opening cave big enough to get in...on the side of a mesa...I shined a light into it and what did i see?.....A big wooden door..long exciting story to this cave.I mean this door was built inside the cave.No way could have gotten thru the opening.I mean the middle of no mans land....cant wait...jn

Comment

Working...
          X