Morels its whats for supper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morels its whats for supper!

Could not hunt rocks, water to high so went mushroom hunting. Love these morels good to eat with about anything. Had a good morning found these in about an hour. Anybody else eat em?

Love em! going out tuesday, day off.

Comment

Hey Joe, ain't them things a fungus ? That's the same thing my Dr. said about my Athlete's Foot.

Comment

Good luck Mark we are about the middle of season for them here. Think there will be a lot of late ones ground temp. still a little cool. Butch my wife says the same thing ( why would I want to eat a fungus) me -and- my daughter only ones that eat them. If enough found always give some to friends, really rich can only eat so many. Joe.

Comment

Now Joe, you know I ain't to good at identifying things, points, mushrooms and such. Probly get a toadstool and die!

Comment

JOE ROY - NOW THAT JUST AIN'T RIGHT.  I SPENT A LONG TIME LOOKING FOR EM LAND FISH UP ERE ON THE MOUNTAIN AND ALL I GOTS TA SHOW FOR HIT WAS A CROOKED ROCK.  I SURLY LOVES EM MORELS, SPECIALLY FRIED IN BUTTER AN ALL.   :angry:  :laugh:  :woohoo:  Must not be holding my mouth right ---Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thanks Butch! next batch i eat gonna think of foot fungus! EEMMM-EEEMMM!!!

Comment

Joe - Do you have a special place you hunt for morels.  I usually do all my looking around old tree stumps and fallen, rotten timber.  Just ain't having any luck unless them troublesome squirrels are a getting to them before I do???   ---Chuck
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Dead elms and sandy loam soil, also apple trees.

Comment

Joe wish I knew you had them would of kept the 2 walleye Doug and I had this morning, would be good eating.

Comment

You put back two walleye keepers you,you,you sum beech. I was gonna give you some of these shroons :unsure: Joe?

Comment

Chuck I hunt the same places I was shown by friends 20 years ago. Sometimes they don't produce for a year or two then the next year the mother load. Today I found probably 50 in an area had not found much in couple years. Its where the spores go when they pop up the year before,think depends on the wind direction and speed when they come up. If I did not eat them still think I would hunt them kinda like rock hunting. Joe.

Comment

We love em here in Ohio too! Just found enough to eat this year. You can also find them around Sycamore, Poplar, and Ash trees.

Comment

The last mushrooms I hunted was back in the 80's, and I smoked them!!! Probably shouldn't have shared that, but I had a few dark years in my past. Happy Easter all-Bill

Comment

Ya'll got my mouth a water'n.  The front of my shirt is all wet from droolin' over that picture of em morels.  Ain't got a lot of Ash round ere.  Do gots Poplar and Sycamore.  Gonna have to go out and look again.  Gotta be some round ere somewhere.  In the meantime, ya,ll have a safe and happy Easter. BTW Bill we all done some hookey things in our younger less enlightened years.  ---Chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X