Cave Spring Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave Spring Creek

A few pictures I took yesterday of a small creek in se WV that I was hunting yesterday. The stretch I walked has two small feeder springs that come out of caves and feed into the larger creek. I had most of my luck between these two springs along the bank, about a 200 yard stretch or so. There is a well known indian trail that parallels this creek and some natural salt licks nearby that brought in the game on an annual basis. To my knowledge, based on the artifacts I've found  this area was occupied by Paleo - Woodland.

Ryan - Great area and point.  Do you make most of your finds after a heavy rain or does it make any difference? ---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Nice hunting area, nice point.
      Jack

Comment

Scorpion68 wrote:

Ryan - Great area and point.  Do you make most of your finds after a heavy rain or does it make any difference? ---Chuck
          Thanks Chuck, on smaller creeks like this one I make most of my finds around this time of year. When the water has come down enough to expose the banks that were eroded by high water and flooding.
        After heavy rains is also a good time to check these areas and get lucky.

Comment

Appreciate the comments Jack, HH

Comment

Thats a beautiful spot regardless of arrow heads! But, that point is pretty sweet too!
            Travis

Comment

Go over that place with a fine tooth comb man, looks like  :dry: paleo paradise

Comment

Great looking area Ryan, nice point and in-situ. Joe.

Comment

Appreciate the comments fellas, I'll be returning soon, hopefully to get some field hunting permission from a farmer who lives beside this creek.

Comment

I hope you get that permission Ryan for the field, I'll bet you find some cool stuff in there....and your pics still look like a great place to get away from it all!!
                    Southern Connecticut

Comment

cgode wrote:

I hope you get that permission Ryan for the field, I'll bet you find some cool stuff in there....and your pics still look like a great place to get away from it all!!
                        Thanks bud, I'll probably wait till fall after they harvest the corn. It's definitely a great spot to clear your head and finding something is just a bonus.

Comment

Im still tring to get permission to look on 250 acre strech. But as now no luck,most people here in Ga dont want you on their land  I have one person that lets me look on Etowah river on their property and I have found some stuff there. Another person told me last night in the fall I can go to their property and do some siftting on the same river. Im looking forward to that! He said its just too hot rite now.

Comment

Working...
                        X