Great shed mount!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great shed mount!

My wife found this set of Mule deer sheds two years ago. I recently bought a Mountain Mike's skull replica mount kit and wanted to share my mount with everyone. It was really easy to set up and it looks awesome. I was surprised at how nice it turned out, I wasn't sure because I had never tried them before. They were just piled up in the corner in the past, but now we can really appreciate the size of this bad boy! Enjoy!

Great job and very impressive!
    Charlie
    Rhode Island

Comment

Looks good! Do you think he is still out there?

Comment

very nice  :woohoo:  wish we had muleys here in Bama,those antlers made me check the date for opening day.

Comment

Man, I have seen lots of Whitetail even hit an eight pointer on an interstate' But seeing a Big Muley come out of the woods on a mountain pass is really scary! That is,or was, a big one. Good job.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Very nice Tyson, large set of horns -and- that mount does look good. How close were they together? Here the big whitetails are sometimes found very close to each other. Ive heard they drop one, its so lopsided they go and knock the other off right away???
            Joe.

Comment

cuz Dan, I'm sure he's still out there getting bigger.  We had an unusual amount of snow this year, and I couldn't find where the majority of the deer wintered?  We ended up finding twice as many elk sheds as deer, and usually its the opposite.  We rarely see the monster bucks during season, it's not until they have to come down low and dig for food that we see them.  rmartin, ya this guy is still out there, I'd love to run into him this fall tho!  ksrocks, here is a shot in-situ of this set, but I have also found them lying on top of one another, and even found them hundreds of yards apart.  I think here it depends on the weather, I think this buck was lying down in a storm because they both dropped side by side, and were covered by a couple inches of snow.  Thanks guys!

Comment

That is a very nice mount. Have you B&Ced it?
                Jack

Comment

Jack,
                  I still haven't thrown a tape on him, but I would guess his score around the mid-180's.  I'd love to see him through the scope that's for sure!!!

Comment

Maybe 190 to 205.
                    Jack

Comment

You may be right Jack, the only reason I don't think he's that high is he lacks in the back tines.  My brother found a perfectly matched set that was very typical and symmetrical all the way around, and it scored 193.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have find that size of buck, but I think the skull may be deceiving.  I will have to get a tape on him, I've just been enjoying looking at him too much!

Comment

Love those horns. I went hunting in the high country near Yellow Stone and found a few large elk horns. The guide got them as part of his tip.

These bison came walking by but did not have permission to shoot.

Walked my ass off but no luck after 5 days of hunting.

Comment

Sweet finds Jack, we found a lot of good elk sheds this year.  I almost like finding them more than big mulies!

Comment

Working...
                          X