Arrowhead Hunting & Fishing Lake Conroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowhead Hunting & Fishing Lake Conroe

We got up early this morning an headed to Lake Conroe for a little fishing and arrowhead hunting. They are draining Lake Conroe into Lake Houston to keep the water level up in Lake Houston whose water is used by Houston and thought that it might give us a chance to look for arrowheads in newly exposed areas.
    The fish started biting so we did not get to artifact hunting, but we found thrree or four spots that looked good. We talked to one artifact party and they had found 30 points on a point that had become exposed as the water level has dropped 5ft this summer. This is only the 3rd time the lake has dropped this much in 30 years. May be back on Sunday to hit the spots we located.
    We caught around 100lbs of catfish.This is a picture of my Grandson David his dad David and my big butt. We are having a fishfry next weekend.
    Jack

Thats a nice haul good luck Sunday!
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Heat op the oil!!! Great day Jack, looks like over 100 lbs.! They are fun to catch.

Comment

Jack, hope you get as many points as you did fish!
        Charlie
        Rhode Island

Comment

Mark
          I caught one that was around 20lbs, it was the big one for the day. Most were 5lb to 10lb. These are mostly yellow cats that feed off shad in the lake so they are very good eating.
          I got a batch marinating in my famous fish BBQ sauce and will eat these in the morning. Make fish tacos out of it.
          Jack

Comment

Charlie
            It was real hot out there today after 12:00. was 104 here today. We are normally around 93 to 95. Will need to go early yo avoid the heat. we might wait tell it cools down then do some digging. Lake Conroe is a private lake so you can collect anything you find.
            Jack

Comment

Yes it was a good haul. We lost about 15 that came off the hook and one moster that snapped the line like it was cotton thread, that one was over 40 lbs based on him looking us right in the eye before breaking the line right when we were about to net the beast.
              Jack

Comment

Never tryed fish tacos, sounds....different! Do you use the same thing as traditional tacos? Ill try anything once!

Comment

That's alot of good catfish!  Looks delicious.
                  Hope you find something good next time!
                  ~Noah

Comment

Mark
                    Yes the same things goes on it - cheese, lettuce, onion, chunky salsa, jalopena, and wrap it in a soft flour or corn taco.
                    I like to cut up some cabbage real fine so it has some cruch to it and a nother layer of flavor. 
                    Jack

Comment

Noah
                      It will be some good eating. I am going to try catfish a few different ways in the next week or so.
                      Jack

Comment

There is nothing better than catfish! Looks like you guys had a great time. Ray
                        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Yum, fish tacos, good ones are hard to beat!
                          Looks like you and the boys had a great day Jack.
                          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Good to see you, Jack! Thanks for the pic.
                            I had you pegged for more of a Sean Connery type. B)
                            Joe

Comment

Joe
                              I am more like the Hous Cartright type, very even kell untill some one steps on my boots. 
                              Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X