Are there any root diggers here ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any root diggers here ??

Getting them boys out and digging some gingang .....
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

There is good money to be made digging that stuff.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Yes sir there is ..... but I guess the main reason I dig is just to get my boys out in the woods .... they love it and I get to make all these memories :-)

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

I've been wanting to get out and find some for several years but just seems like time to do such things is a rare commodity for me lately.
        Those are pretty Roots but isn't it a little early? Everyone I know generally waits till late August early september when the plants have reproduced and have berries on them. I know personally I would struggle to recognize it without the berries.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
          I've been wanting to get out and find some for several years but just seems like time to do such things is a rare commodity for me lately.
          Those are pretty Roots but isn't it a little early? Everyone I know generally waits till late August early september when the plants have reproduced and have berries on them. I know personally I would struggle to recognize it without the berries.
          This is last years pic. And the berries have already bean pulled and planted :-)

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

• Kyflintguy
            Kyflintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I see! Lots of catching up to do. Has me wanting to go this year though.

Are those what they call " Man Roots"? Cause they look like they have arms and legs? Maybe that's just local lingo?
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

It's almost time lol ... if u weren't so far away we could meet up and dig some roots and dig some points .... now when a feller is able to do both in the same weekend then that is heaven on earth

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Hey Everett, That is some great sang. Which do the kids like best? Digging sang or digging artifacts?
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
                Hey Everett, That is some great sang. Which do the kids like best? Digging sang or digging artifacts?
                well I asked them and they could not answer lol .... they like both

Everett Williams ,
                NW Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
                  Are those what they call " Man Roots"? Cause they look like they have arms and legs? Maybe that's just local lingo?
                  No these r not "man roots" ... I have herd that of u find one that looks like a man stick figure that they bring quite a bit of money but who knows .... I have dug Many years and never found one though ....

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

I had never heard of sang til I moved to the mountain. My neighbor took me out and showed me what to look for it on his property and also showed me where not to look on his property, if you get my drift. They be mighty protective of their ginseng up here and I've heard some stories about people being shot at for trespassing to hunt it.
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I have always wanted to! I think I have some spots that could produce

Comment

Nothing like that where I live. At least That I know of.
                        South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                        X