Any bear scat aficionado's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bear scat aficionado's?

I spotted this at the edge of the yard going out for work this morning. I've seen black bear scat and this reminded me of it, just a little smaller. If it is bear scat then that means the small 70-80 acre wo od lot behind my house may be hiding a bear.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170626_064826.jpg
Views:	1300
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	254036
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

I am not a registered turdologist but my opinion is That is probably from a big Raccoon.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Also no turdologist here but whatever it was it was surely in need of a dump.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Me either lol. That's a lot more probable. The berries and size is what made me wonder. I do see some monster raccoons from time to time. Lol well this threads a load of ... That's a lot less exciting...
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Just needed to make sure I could let the dog and kiddies out safely.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Are bears known in your general area?
            We had one here two years ago, the first in over 115 years. It stayed in our general area ( a twenty mile radius ) for over six months. He made a lot of stops around homes even walked up to somebodies sliding glass door. Had folks a bit nervous here.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah but its unusual to be in town. Although we had one who gave the Wildlife officers a good workout last year through several neighborhoods... I've had several to close for comfort encounters back home in Ky...

Wait dude it could be bear. Is there ledge back in the wood lot? Black bears love ledge and you are in East TN there are a ton of Black Bear here. If the kids see a bear they need to make a lot of noise. Bang a garbage can lid and just back away from it slow. Black Bears are not normally aggressive. Momma bear can be pretty ornery if you get between her and her cubs.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              No ledge, but just enough thick woods to conceal a bear. Its spot on from what I remember for bear scat back in ky, but would have to be a juvenile imo.

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              But now that I think of it plenty of dips ,swags and hills for a good borough.

Somebody shared this in a thread a while back but I can't help but share it again. Best bear sign ever! Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24592.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	254051
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I think Hoss nailed it raccoon poop. Our wildlife department just did a five year study of black bears in the city I live in. The results were unexpected there are more bears around the city then deep in the woods. Urban bears are healthier due to extra food trash and birdseed. Urban sows usually have more cubs then rural bears. And bears go everywhere in the city just late at night. The study is called the Asheville urban bear study good read. Thats one funny sign Kyflintguy! About 100 bears are gps tracked around the city currently.
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Kyflintguy
                Kyflintguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow! Hard to imagine but I believe it... No place to wandering around late at night....

• BabaORiley
                BabaORiley commented
                Editing a comment
                Sugaree. You guys in NC are supposed to have some of the biggest black bears in North America...

• Sugaree
                Sugaree commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe our biggest was an 880 lb monster. He was taking a pig carcass from a pig farm every day. I went out my door recently and the big male of the neighborhood was 15 feet from me. He just slowly walked away. My heart skipped a beat!

Yes sir coon it is
              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

I'm glad it was I'd' as raccoon before I was blamed for this.
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol
              Working...
              X