Got out for a few Stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got out for a few Stripes

Was fortunate enough to run into another fellow collector some time back here in my town. Just so happens he knows how to catch big Stripes and has worked in the area as a Muskie/striper guide for several years. He allowed me to tag along on an evening excursion and boy am I glad he did! As you can see I couldn't hide my excitement to land a few of these big fish! Thanks for looking! Click image for larger version  Name:	0724171926b-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	257379
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0724172040_HDR-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	257380
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0724172050b-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	257381
    Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-25-2017, 09:20 PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Oh man that is great! That smile tells it all, great pics

Comment

That's what I'm talkinbout!!!
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Those are pictures of one really happy fisherman.
        It would be hard to do in the boat so here's your happy dance.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Nice catch! Striper strips yummy.
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

That had to be a blast.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              It definitely was Greg, I've never felt a fish fight like that. I was literally pulling the boat towards the fish at one point. Truly incredible experience!

Hey Josh, congrats on your catches. We don't have Striped bass up here but it's probably like catching a big northern pike.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Awesome catches Josh. Beautiful scenery to boot.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

A Pike huh, never seen one. Awesome!
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Yummo! Cook 'em up on the grill!!
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Great haul bud!

Comment

My biggest ever was 42 inches long 27.5 pounds. Caught on a Bunker head. I used to fish the Housatonic and Long Island Sound back in CT for them. Man what a blast fishing for those. Too bad I left all that gear with my daughters ex. Gifted it all when they were still married. Josh nice catch man. What are you guys fishing bait or lures? Lake or river?

Early mornings I would go with light tackle and fish out going tides and use white plastic curly tailed grub worms on a small 3/8 oz jig head. They probably simulated tape worms?? The fight on light tackle was incredible. Thanks for sharing your pictures man those are some great looking fish.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Josh what lake is that you guys are on? I wonder if they have them over here in Douglas Lake?

• Kyflintguy
                        Kyflintguy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Watts Bar. I guess technically its the Tennessee river but on that stretch its more like a lake than anything. Yes Douglas does have stripe, all of these man made reservoirs around here are stocked with stripped bass yearly the way I understood it. World class Muskie/Stripe and Trout fishing all within very short distance from you Matt.

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did see an article yesterday after I saw your post I googled stripers on Douglas and a guy caught a 47 pounder during a tournament a few years back.

Now that I bet was fun !!!! Congrats !!!!!
                      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                      NW Arkansas

Comment

Wow Matt! That's a huge fish! I'm not sure if this is his biggest but Jake sent me a pic of this monster and he didn't mind if I shared it. I meant to add that the gear we used wasn't extremely heavy but it wasn't light. The surface temps were at 91degrees so getting these fish up and back out was important since we were catch and release fishing.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1500948820050.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	257566
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Quite the fish
                          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                          X