Seven Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Islands

Seven Islands is a Birding park along the French Broad River in Kodak East Tn. When I arrived I saw a Scarlet Tanager but I was still in the truck. Camera still in the bag. I saw many birds but I had no tripod so those pictures were just blurry besides the tanager I saw flickers, woodpeckers, hummingbirds, blue jays, squirrels, Sparrows, a poison caterpillar, some butterflies and fish and turtles. A couple photos that came out ok off hand. I am going back with my tripod perhaps I can get some good bird shots? Click image for larger version

Name:	pals.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	258399Click image for larger version

Name:	loner.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	258400Click image for larger version

Name:	buts.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	258401 If you ever see a Caterpillar like this do not touch it this is an American Dagger Moth Caterpillar and they can put toxins on your skin that will raise up welts that are itchy and very uncomfortable. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	258402
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Matt, thanks for sharing your trip with the rest of us. Have you been to Gatlinburg since the fire? Just wondered how the region is recovering.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      They are rebuilding up there. Some of the forest still looks barren but it will grow back. If you are in Gatlinburg you hardly notice but when leaving back toward Pigeon Forge you can see the burned spot behind West Gate. I did not venture up into Sugarland or higher up?? I went to Cades Cove that place looks terrific. Saw some Deer Turkeys and one Bear up there . I was told to go earlier in day to see more bear. I love Cades Cove what a beautiful Gift the people who lived there gave to the US government for the park.

Thanks Matt for taking us along.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks Hoss for the pics
      South Dakota

Comment

Thanks for the update on Gatlinburg. We drove down Roaring Springs early one Sept. morning & watched a young mama bear & her 2 cubs on the roadside gobbling up acorns. I often think of them & hope they stayed safe. Would have liked to retire in Emerts Cove but others had the same idea & nothing ever came up for sale when we were looking.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
        X