Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclispe

Well this is an outdoor event . The Eclispe is here
    Mon . I think it would be fun if anyone experiences an interesting story or picture from this . Be carful and don't risk your eyes .
    I brought this up because it will not be visible in Hawaii . Though I have experienced some the mainland has not .
    My story about the last eclipse I want to share . I was getting ready for work , sorry I forgot what year this was 30 years ago maybe but it started to get dark
    and I thought darn it's a sugar cane fire those get smokey and dim the sun sometimes . But the most interesting nature fact is I looked out the sliding glass doors and noticed it was an eclipse I had forgotten about . .THE BIRDS STOPPED SINGING AND WENT BACK TO SLEEP .
    Minutes later life was normal
    Tam

Our Town is booked up, supposedly even with Japanese at The High School. Actually I hear The amount of People will be doubled here, crazy.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

My Grandaughter is all excited about it. Her school class already has been issued their special glass and will observe it during the eclipse. I'll probably just take a nap so I won't hurt my eyes
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

It's not total where I am, and when it's not total, it ain't much to see unfortunately. I have a friend who, together with his wife, used to fly all over the world to catch total eclipses. Egypt, China, everywhere. But not this time. Hope the weather cooperates for those of you in the path of totality. Must be quite the experience.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Up here in Victoria the eclipse will be approximately 90 - 92% total. I will try to get a decent picture.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here in SE VA-- about 90%.

Right down the road from me. I will try and get a few pics
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

85% here Tampa Bay. No big deal...... I remember, maybe in the 60's, using a pinhole camera/box to view an eclipse. It will probably be cloudy here anyway, rains almost every day in Summer. Wah. Meh. lol
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

👏👏👏I am living vicariously through you my arrowhead family .
              Can't wait !

Comment

Since it's only going to be 92%I think I will travel 50 miles north to a small town called Parshall colorado and witness a parshall eclipse
                Last edited by chase; 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM.
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I am in Nashville, TN now. It will be total here for 2 min. supposedly. 70 miles east of here it is supposed to last 2 1/2 min. I think that is about as long as it lasts along the path of totality.

Comment

Sorry no where near total here
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170821_144034.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	261628Click image for larger version  Name:	20170821_143253.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	261626
                      Best I could do. Click image for larger version  Name:	20170821_144228.jpg Views:	2 Size:	195.9 KB ID:	261627

Comment

• Kyflintguy
                        Kyflintguy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those are better than I managed for sure!

Very cool .. at least a real pic. You know it's a once in a life time experience and you got to see it .
                      dig the glasses

Comment

An awesome event I was at 99.5 coverage. My iPhone just would not show darkness in sun. Amazed by the temperature change.
                        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Working...
                          X