Frog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frog

It's raining tonight and this frog is on my window. I taped a penny to the window for size.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Little Frog.jpg Views:	1 Size:	289.2 KB ID:	261721
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 08-21-2017, 09:43 PM.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Now Ron you should have shown some hospitality and invited that little guy in for a shot maybe and some conversation. He looks kinda lonely to me : (
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That is a cool picture Ron.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Love the tree frog. We have one who visits our library window every night as the desk lamp & TV attract moths to the window. One night I watched him snag a lightning bug, which began flashing frantically. I watched in fascination as the beetle continued to flash, lighting up the frog's interior until it reached its stomach where it was lights out for the bug.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Neat seeing a frog on eclipse day. My local tribe the Cherokee have a legend that an eclipse is caused by a frog trying to swallow the sun. To get him off the sun they make as much noise as possible to scare the frog away. Guess it would only be a partial eclipse with a frog that small. Cool picture!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

We have lots of tree frogs here but I have never seen one this small.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I had no idea those things were up that far north, I see them occasionally here in east Tn. But never with great frequency. Nice shot! That's the smallest I've seen I think. Thanks for sharing!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

We have a species here in SD as well. I'm guessing it's different. Ours are a darker green.
                South Dakota

Comment

Very cool, Ron! I hope it's native. We have loads of invasive Cuban Tree Frogs that actually eat our native small treefrogs. They can change color from their normal bright green and yellow to a brown or even white and grey depending on their attitude/temperature/surroundings. They make a quacking sound when it rains and at night. We are supposed to put them in the freezer til they die....
                  Professor Shellman
                  Tampa Bay

Comment

• Havenhunter
                    Havenhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh oh... I had not heard about this species & photographed one last summer that had changed colors to blend in with our deck stain.

My cat brings one in as small as a dime . Try to get a pic . Then on the flip we have the large Australian toad. Very poisonous to animals
                  They get a bubble around the mouth that puts your pet in respetory attack .
                  lotscof pets going to the vet at night .

Comment

There is a buffet in Clearwater FL with a big pond out the back. This is the corner of a large mall..... dozens of Cane Toads (Aussies) all over the place! For the past three years at least. They make it through the mild winter here like the cuban tree frogs and cuban anoles. We call on them and either the FWC or the City/County tries to take them out. Only takes one female with eggs.

These tiny tree frogs from all over the US are probably all native unless it's the ubiquitous Greenhouse Frog, brought all over the US in potted plants.
                    Professor Shellman
                    Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                    X