• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of sea glass I've collected

So much sea glass

My favorite one

Comment

What area are you located . I to collect sea glass in Hawaii . I notice it's getting much harder to find . I received some great information from a mentor that brought up recycling , no more dark bottles for UV because of perservatives and people being more aware of not throwing trash out .
      I have quite the treasure I will look for I am going to wrap .
      Just a FYI ... there is a great lamp at target that is clear glass to fill up with shells or anything collectible such as you have .
      lots of hours there !

Comment

Maine is where I found it all

Comment

Maine usually has good quality sea glass

Comment

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Coastal ME is prime sea glass country. Several sea glass artists hale from there & I admire their work. And as Tam points out, the real stuff is getting harder to find-- especially the rarer colors-- red, yellow & orange.

I was showing people you can actually buy it in eBay and
          I found that South America has a lot of bright red
          kind of interesting

Comment

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Risky to buy online, Tam. Sea glass has been hot in recent years & folks in many countries have taken to tumbling new colored glass & selling it as authentic sea glass. Unless you know what to look for or know a reputable dealer, stay away from glass sold on eBay et. al. If you are going to buy, better to attend one of the annual sea glass festivals where you can physically examine the glass.

There are so many articles on this and to exstensive to post
          but it makes you wonder where some things come from

Comment

Chesapeake Bay finds.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Oh yes Deb I agree 1000% I was just showing my cousins that live in Michigan . They have never seen or touched sea glass . I do agree that tumbeling is envolved . Hey what the heck you have that rare rare Red Sea glass . Never ever on the west coast or Hawaii have I found that .
              DEB look at this little honey I found on the beach after a hurricane . Going to wrap and make a necklace . How many years did this little gem take . You know Deb I would rather wear this then a gem 😁

Comment

Yes I do

Comment

Working...
                X