Three in three day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three in three day

Our youth/apprentice season started on thursday. Its only a two day season that ends the day before big game rifle starts. Maddie, who is ten was up first. She wanted a whitetail. Said she wasnt going to be picky, as it was her very first. She definitely meant it as she took a spike the first night. I tried to talk her into something bigger but
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 10-22-2017, 08:54 AM.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Ah man what a lucky dad you are. That is awesome, it's more fun helping children hunt atleast for me. And I am happy to see your rifle potrayed as it is meant to be. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great hunt. Way to go kids.

Comment

• Cskelton
      Cskelton commented
      Editing a comment
      Its far more fun for me to take kids too. First -timers, Big kids, the ones wirh gray hair, can be the most fun.

Hey Chad, I love it. Family hunts will be treasured for decades and told to your future grandchildren. I turned the big group shot for you.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Cskelton
      Cskelton commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ron.

That's great man...those will fill up a few freezers...mmmm back straps over the coals!!! Awesome...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Absolutely awesome. I can't think of a better way to spend family time and pass down skill and knowledge at the same time. I hope and pray to God that hunting and guns don't become a thing of the past. Brings back very fond memories. Thanks for sharing with us.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats to all
        some good eats right there,and great memories made.

Were they all taken with the AR?

Comment

• Cskelton
          Cskelton commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you,. Yes. Rock River, topped with vortex, in .223. Lots of people dont think its enough gun for large game, but i do. All one shot and done, good shot placement.

For the Admins;
        Any idea why over half of what i originally typed is not showing up?????
        Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          No idea why. I just looked it is not hidden it is just gone. Are you using a pc or a mobile device like phone or tablet? I have trouble typing on a tablet because my hands are big and one soft touch on the screen moves stuff or deletes it,

Awesome !! Great family fun !
        And the freezer will feed the family all year .
        maybe some neighbors to . Ummm like Chuck said
        backstrap ...
        telling you hamburger with wild boar fat in it for chili yum .
        and I’ll post that stew recipie .

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhsum Man. That is priceless. Raising them up right, that’s what it’s all about.
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

As Paul Harvey used to say, and now for the rest of the story.... Maddie smoked the spike despite my efforts.
            the next morning Allie, (13) and i headed out for Mule deer. I also tried to talk her out of this as they taste like crap when compared to hay fed whitetail... she wasnt having any of it so we put a stalk on her buc
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

I give up.....
              Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't give up Chad. We all get fat finger syndrome from time to time.

I am telling you if she gets the mule deer if you take it to a meat processor or you do it .
              just make hamburger with the boar fat .
              hello chili for the year and I have to give you that hamburger
              stew recipie .

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
                Don't give up Chad. We all get fat finger syndrome from time to time.
                Its not a fat finger issue. I can see what i type and its complete. When i post it only half or less shows up in the post.
                Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is totally weird 🤔I have no idea what the problem is.

My suspicion is it has something to do with the auto-save. If i dont complete what im typing before it kicks in then only what ive typed prior to the save shows up.
                Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Excellent hunting! you must be proud of those girls. I hope my 6yr old daughter likes to hunt when she gets old enough to. What age can they start hunting in your area? Here in Ontario they can't start apprentice hunting until the age of 12 and cant have their own deer tag they have to use mine until she's 15 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                  X