In the tree out back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the tree out back

Fired up the 250 to ride a few laps and noticed I had company in one of the big trees out back. I don't see Bald Eagles in my backyard everyday.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1227 (640x476).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	271473
    fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

That's great. Always special when you see something like that! We have them nesting hereabouts now, and that was not the case when I was a kid. Great photo.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Cool I have seen so many since becoming an adult However as a kid back in Connecticut it was rare to see one. There was a link between the pesticide DDT and the mortality rate of all birds back in the 1950's They banned DDT and the birds came back. It has taken a long time but the Eagles are off the endangered species list now. A quote from an internet search " On August 9, 2007, the bald eagle was removed from the federal list of threatenedand endangered species" Amen to that!
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Quite numerous in FL now... Even in St Pete, 300K plus people, we see them WAY up, tumbling sometimes. They are taking advantage of the coastlines (and less of some pesticides). The crow pesters the eagle.
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Yep saw one flying in Georgia so HAPPY .. great site .
          Yes Hoss is right that was a big problem . People ....
          even the hummingbirds suffered in the 60’s from sugar water
          in S Cal . Not enough nutrients so eggs cracked . Don’t you know I bought the expensive stuff from the pet store .
          poor DAD .

Comment

Despite a strong comeback it's still a thrill seeing one soar overhead.
            Child of the tides

Comment

We got em around here, especially over at the Dale Hollow Lake. Always enjoy seeing them.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

My heart skips a beat every time I see one....
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
                X