My wildlife refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wildlife refuge

While Wayne is hunting I am turning our place into a wildlife refuge . Put out corn and licks for the deer. Apples to keep the raccoons more or less from trashing the trash . First fox on the night cam . What’s interesting I have out mineral blocks for antler growth . The young bucks here have monster racks . Bigger then the old boys on the hunt leases .. well some of them but those minerals work for sure . Kind of a fun test . So happy to see our resident Doe and her to 5 1/2 month olds have made it . My neighbor down the road feeds and is anti hunter firing off rounds at 5.30 am to get rid of the hunters in his area .
    I was waiting to post to see if Bucky came . Small left side view of this very young bucks antlers from I want to say my cafeteria and those blocks compared to a new guy in the area with small ones .

Should start cutting back on the corn, Tam. Come rut season a deer's digestive system switches from foraging fruits & grains to twigs & dry forage. Makes corn hard to digest & come winter can actually cause death, especially young ones. You can start up on the corn next summer, although state game people warn us not to feed critters at all. Kinda hard not to.
    Child of the tides

Comment

I actually put this one up for you ! Was waiting 🤞yes I did read that so just putting out nuts I picked up and carrots and apples .
      I actually hauled giant walnuts out for them out of the woods . I didn’t see beds on the N side and the pigs left some believe it or not .
      I am going to work on a natural feed . Watch this one guy with peanuts . They have a good plot in the back with clover and all the fixens .

Comment

There are so many corn fields here to 😱

Comment

Working...
        X