Elk picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk picture

This is not the best picture. There are three cows and a little bull maybe a yearling and this big guy ruliing the roost. I bought a new house up in Campbell County Tennessee. I was up there today tending to some thing before move in and saw these 1/4 mile from my new home. It was a plesant surprise because I knew Elk were in TN but have yet to see one here until today. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180115_171255.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	281103
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

OH good gracious-- look at that rack! I never made it over to the NC side of the Smokies when the elk were reintroduced. I didn't realize they had made it into TN. Very cool! Thanks for sharing, Matt. Don't know if I'll ever make it out that way again.
    Child of the tides

Comment

That's Awesome Hoss. I still haven't seen one yet in The wild.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I don’t know they reintroduced them there , but what a privilege it is to see such a sight .... they introduced them back here in the ozarks as well and see them quite often ...
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

That's some awesome territory Matt. Nice pic.

Comment

That's a real nice bull,very exciting to get see them, they've been reintroduced here in Ontario too and I'm occasionally fortunate enough to see them around where I live.

Comment

Hey Matt, I think that place was made for you. Great scenery and wildlife too.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

That's a great photo Matt. Thanks for sharing. And, enjoy your new digs.

Comment

Such a cool photo Man! That's a beautiful area and you caught it at its best right there! Thanks for sharing!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Great photo Matt - I've heard them calling or whatever it's called, especially over at Dale Hollow Lake. Their call is very distinctive so there's no doubt it's Elk. My neighbor says there was a row of cars pulled over just below our mountain so he to pulled over to see what was going on. He said they were looking at the biggest Bull Elk he had ever seen. Up here that would probably be a first. Don't know how long ago they were released but others have seen them also. Just adds another dimension to good old Tennessee and another reason I'm just sooooo Proud to be here!!!!
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• SDhunter
                      SDhunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bugling

Elk in your backyard? cool!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Very nice Hoss . Now you know we are all going to be waiting for points from twhat looks like very promising
                      land . Looks like a new great fresh start and some fun times .

Comment

Chuck it is a weird sound they make but unmistakeable. The canine tooth on an Elk is called a bugler tooth .They say they are Rocky Moutain Ivory. Hunters keep them because it reminds them of the story of the hunt. My brother got one in Colorado many moons ago. He had one of the buglers made into a necklace . For those who have never heard it here is a clip from Youtube.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss I think these might be the teeth you were mentioning. I picked these up at a local gun show last fall, the bag said elk eye teeth and the guy told me they were considered some type of ivory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1262614.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	282463

Comment

Working...
                          X