coyote hunt unexpected result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coyote hunt unexpected result

Went coyote hunting with my brother Friday afternoon. We were driving the logging roads in his argo, snow was about 4 feet deep. Spotted this deer, elk, and cattle killer walking the shallow edge of one of the roads. Definitely not expected at 4 pm in the afternoon... this is the largest lion I've ever seen and I've seen a lot. For reference I am 6'3 and 220.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Wow! What are you going to do with it?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Whoa , I thought a Megafauna were extinct... all kidding aside please tell me your going to tan that hide .
      That would look so good in my cabin . Your boys are going to flip . Send those pics ...

Comment

That is huge.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Whoa that is a big ol tom...a guy in AZ told me that you can gauge the age of a cat by how far apart their eyes are because their heads keep growing. Looking at that 2nd pic he has quite an eyespread and a big head...His eyes look to be 10" apart or so...nice cat man...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Cskelton
            Cskelton commented
            Editing a comment
            He was seven feet long from nose to end of tail. His weight was over 180.

Thanks Chad, That is one huge lion. I have eaten mountain lion and really like it.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Look at the size of those paws! One swipe and it's all over. That will make a gorgeous rug!
            Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
              Look at the size of those paws! One swipe and it's all over. That will make a gorgeous rug!
              For Tamara lol

Comment

• Cskelton
                Cskelton commented
                Editing a comment
                Already spoken for... sorry.

Big cats are dangerous but a little....errr never mind, Nice cat !!!! That one looks well feed for this time of year. and slow moving cattle would be the meat of choice..
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

My mom is adamant that it gets mounted life sized. I agree. Its really a tremendous cat and the mount will be a tremendous price!!!! My folks worked the angle that it gets mounted, they pay, BUT it goes in their house... I already mounted ones years ago. Nowhere near this size so why not..

thank you all for the positive responses. I was hesitant to post as not everyone is a fan of hunting, especially certain species such as lions. I do respect this view although I dont share it and dont wish to be offensive.
                Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No offence taken Chad. I am not a hunter but I respect those who are.

• Jethro355
                  Jethro355 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m a hunter and have had opportunity to take a cat before, but never pulled the trigger on one. I can not fault anyone else for doing it though. That is a magnificent beast👍👍👍

• Havenhunter
                  Havenhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chad, for those of us who live along the Mid Atlantic, the biggest cat we ever see are bobcats. Considering our over-population of white tail deer, a predator is welcomed. Out west I know the prevailing attitude towards predators is looked at much differently. Had a big cat like that showed up in my area, it would have likely met the same fate.

I was going to ask if you could eat the meat. I've never had any nor do I know of anyone who has but Ron says he has and liked it. How about you Chad? Ya think he'd be too tough at his age? That guy is enormous. What did you take him with?
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Cskelton
                  Cskelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have had it before and its a lot like pork. Very white meat and like pork there is a risk of triccnossis (sp). I believe him to be very old. FWP will pull a tooth and age it. I can let you know when I find out. I shot him with a rock river in .223.

Geez !! Wow !! Congrats !!
                As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                NW Arkansas

Comment

Gross.
                  Cayuga County, NY Finger Lakes Region

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
                    Chad, for those of us who live along the Mid Atlantic, the biggest cat we ever see are bobcats. Considering our over-population of white tail deer, a predator is welcomed. Out west I know the prevailing attitude towards predators is looked at much differently. Had a big cat like that showed up in my area, it would have likely met the same fate.
                    A biologist here told me they kill a deer a week. In addition to anything else they can. We have an overpopulation here. They raised the quota here this year. Really taking a toll on our mountain goat population.
                    Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Havenhunter
                      Havenhunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's what I heard. Wish I could ship y'all some deer. Last year Virginia had 10,000 motor vehicle collisions with deer. I've had 2 friends who totalled relatively new pickup trucks in just the past month alone.

That will look great in their house what kind of mount do you think???
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Cskelton
                      Cskelton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its going to be life sized on a base of fake stone/wood, natural looking. My dad wants it positioned so that his sheer size isn't lost.
                  Working...
                  X