Click image for larger version

Name:	thismorn3.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	289803
      Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

No pics but looks the same here in Connecticut
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Name:	tm5.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	289807

Comment

Heavy
            and
            Wet

Comment

Name:	tm4.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	289810

Comment

Yup Awassamog - y'all took a big hit this year with that Big Noreaster. Sure is pretty though. Did ya ever notice how quiet it is with a big snowfall like that. It's like the snow absorbs all the harsh sounds. Pile some more wood on the fire and settle back and wait for the thaw - That's about all I can think to do right now. Was planning on getting the boat out and getting it ready for the lake but I'll put it off a few weeks yet :-)
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• awassamog
                  awassamog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was going to take the canoe out a few weeks ago...out like a lion!

Tool time

Comment

Name:	tt1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	289826

Comment

Name:	tt2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	289830

Comment

That snowfall is not conducive to artifact hunting, but it sure is beautiful. Enjoy it for what it is. As Scorpion said, the insulation effect, muffling the sounds of passing cars and human voices is something to appreciate.
                      Winters in Arizona, summers in Michigan's UP. What could be better?

Comment

Very nice photos. Over 300,000 outages in Ma alone. Over 1 million in the east overall. And some of those are still from the Nor'easter last Friday.

Rhode Island is weird, considering we are such a tiny area. We only got about 2" where I live, on Narragansett Bay. Yet, despite our tiny size, we actually have a snow belt. Our northwest corner, where our highest elevations are, almost always get more. In this storm, 1 foot. It's really only a short distance northwest of me, but those few miles, and rise in elevation, mean the difference between 2" and a foot. And, not that far further north and west, some parts of Ma received 25-30" of snow yesterday.

Yep, heavy and wet. But, above freezing during the day. That's important, and helps. It's March, not January. Another Nor'easter due next Monday and Tuesday, but right now the European model has it passing well to the east of Ma, out at sea. We hope, of course!
                        Rhode Island

Comment

• Scorpion68
                          Scorpion68 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good to see y'all are still online Charlie. Believe it or not we be getting snow right now here on the mountain. It's 33 degrees and light flurries. Crazy weather for this time of year but - It won't last long, I hope.. :-)

• CMD
                          CMD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep, weird. I know you've had some warm days. But that's the transition in seasons for ya I guess. Seems like in recent years up here, we just skip Spring and jump right into Summer in June sometime. We have pretty cold Springs. But, that's better than realy snowy Springs. Stay warm, Chuck!

It’s beautiful ... it’s been all over the news this week .
                        I posted this once and it’s weird . But when I ski and go up around 11-12k feet you can only hear the wind going through the pines . Maybe a bird on a rare blue bird sunny day ...they call it in the West .
                        But the biggest thing is only the smell of pines and snow .
                        just think how many people in the world are at that altitude.
                        Not many all over the world so you don’t smell food, garbage people , industry , cars . It’s really an unusual sence .

Comment

• BabaORiley
                          BabaORiley commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's the sound of silence...and when you actually find it its a strange...sound...? Know just what you mean...

I love it too, especially at night in an area with no light pollution

Comment

Working...
                        X