I moved to a new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I moved to a new home

Had to move out of Sevierville and bought a home up north of there near Norris Lake . It has been a rough transition moving accumulations of things over my lifetime. The home I bought was not perfect but it will do for now. Most of the major stuff is done for now. I need to get my Chimney repaired so I can get it flashed proper for now I have a tarp over it. I pretty much did everything backwards repairs inside were completed but the roof still has the tarp over the chimney. Weather has been a factor in this. It has just been a wet yaer here in Tennessee so far. I did not have before pics of the bathroom but I have some pics of the after and the living room floor pics too. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180226_165120.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	290244 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180307_105112.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	290242 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180226_165055.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	290241 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180301_205511.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	290243
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Now for the unpacking and making it a home. I will update some more pics in a week or so. Te lake is three minutes walk away from my front door. Here is a picture of the view out back. its a small place just easy for a guy like me to take care of. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180221_173123.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	290246
    Last edited by Hoss; 03-10-2018, 10:41 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hi Matt. You've been a busy man for sure. Lots of work. I wish it could have been easier for you. But such is life. Hopefully, as things come together you will have time to kick back and enjoy your new digs. Its a beautiful view you have from your yard and I hope you soon enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Comment

Hey Matt, Very nice work Buddy. I hope you can get settled in and relax soon.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hey Matt, the place is really coming together! Love those hardwood floors. What a great view from your backyard, and to be such a short walk from the lake must be special. Can't wait to hear about more wildlife sightings. Settling in can be exhausting but you're HOME now.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Nice looking Sink and Sitter. Nice Yard also! So You think The chimney/Fireplace will be fixed by next fall?
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hoss, its not quit ready for me to come and visit you yet..your still doing a great job.!!! I hope to see it soon.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Hey ya Matt - Wondered what you'd been up to. Are you doing all that yourself. Didn't know you were a diy'r. I really like the reno on that bathroom, especially the orange peel paint. Gives it character - to match the character that lives there. Also like your crown molding in the living room. I hate messing with that stuff. Unless you do it often it gets confusing. Upside-down and backwards. I cheated on mine and used precut corners :-) It's coming along nicely and you have an excellent view for those outdoor cooking sessions, which should be numerous. Is it just the chimney that is the problem or does the roof need to be replaced. Good job Matt. Once the transition is finished, you'll be able to really enjoy your new place with new friends and new beginnings. Keep us posted on your progress.
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had help every step of the way. I hired out the finish on the drywall. All that texture stuff is beyond my skill set. It cost me more than I had hoped to spend but it is the way I like it now.

Thanks for sharing Hoss, things are looking good!
                South Dakota

Comment

Wow! That change is Dramatic! I love the choices on colors of the wall and floors . The ceiling looks 110 percent better! And those bathrooms took a blast back out of the past! You did a heck of a job! I'm glad you've got those issues addressed and are looking to settle in, now for that roof and you can rest easy! I wish we could get my metal break up there that way we could fix the chimney and the car port same trip impossible to move alone. If I can get help loading it up I could probably get up next wknd if you wanted. Just have to get some white coil stock... I have enough beige/ tan for chimney.
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Hoss
                    Hoss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Josh the chimney at the roofline is pretty far gone. I bought new flashing that is already bent but the chimney at the height I need to grind in a groove to fit the flashing is badly deteriorated. I am calling a mason and gonna have him stucco it. It might not even be an option? Might need to rebuild from the roofline upward. If that is the case I will have trouble matching that brick. I might end up stucco with rock veneer over it . Maybe give it that stacked rock look I see a lot of in Tennessee.

The homestead is coming along nicely Matt.
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

OH MY! Moving!! I moved three times in 11 years. If I have to ever move again, I will grab some clothes, my rocks, burn the house down, and live off the grid!!! I'm happy to hear your all settled back in. That has to be stress ridden. The Best of Luck with your new home!!.
                    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Scorpion68
                      Scorpion68 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Paul - Try 11 times (6 were to and from overseas) in 27 years in the Navy. Pain in the butt but I'd do it again in a heart beat...

Hoss!!! Great to hear from ya ol buddy!!! The new place looks very nice...like that view out back. Good luck on the new digs...
                    The chase is better than the catch...
                    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Looks like your going to have a nice new home your way and taste . That’s always fun .
                      Looks great so far but the best is the property .
                      your are off to some exciting new adventures .
                      Any acres ?

Comment

That's not the first time we got to see your craftsmanship. I remember when you did some work in the basement of your last house "if my memory serves me right". I hope everything goes smooth for ya.

Comment

Working...
                        X