Shed insitu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shed insitu

The neighbor called last weekend and was having a coyote problem on his calving grounds. I went up and did some calling. Helped him out a little by reducing the ones that came to the sound of a baby calf. I was glassing the hill and spotted these. If you look closely, you can see the match to this one behind it. I love elk sheds.
    Strange thing is, there is the remnants of an old ore cart from a mine that would run on tracks there as well, but there was never a mine or tracks anywhere within miles of this area. Middle of montana. Sorry it loaded upside down for some reason.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Hey Chad, Congrats on the double hunt and double score. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	291272
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Cskelton
      Cskelton commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron. And thank you for fixing my pic.

That’s awesome.
    I’d love to come out and help your neighbor with his coyote problem. I would shoot everyone I see. That’s why I’m not allowed in the zoo anymore....😇
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Yeah those darn coyotes are always on the hit list .
      I saw one taking the neighbors cat over the fence .
      good job!
      How fun finding those two finds .
      Chad you always have interesting story weather it’s points or nature .

Comment

Nice going Chad thanks for sharing. Cool story about the cart. Sounds like a good place to use a metal detector.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the truth.

Good job all around Chad.
        I agree with Matt, it's time to break out the magic walking stick.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Nice pair of sheds, Chad! Coy-wolves are beginning an incursion into NC's Outer Banks. The safety of the wild pony herd north of Corolla is a concern, and all of our foxes have disappeared.
          Child of the tides

Comment

I mentioned the ore cart to dad. He said that when he was a kid the old timer that lived up there had a brother that was a miner near the hughsville mine. The brother went out hunting one day and froze to death. His brother got his belongings. Dad thought maybe he used the ore cart as a salt or mineral box for his cows. Only explanation that really fits!
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Nice finds! my wife and I would be in our glory to find an elk shed. they are in our area but are far and few between so we keep our hopes up while looking for deer sheds.

Comment

Working...
              X