First Day of Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day of Spring

Now ain't this something. Here it is the beginning of Spring and the grand-kids are out making a snowman. Crazy weather and more to come. Look at the color contrast between the surrounding landscape and that young willow tree.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Spring2018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.2 KB ID:	291937
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Dang Chuck. That pic looks just like the last one...we been avoiding more snow here but the cold weather is holding on.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Yup - Frank - Not quite as much snow as the last time but we still have the rest of the month and maybe more. My daughter and her kids set out to play in the snow and my daughter came in to inform me they had made a "Snow-Woman." I told her there weren't no such thing and she said "There is now." So I stand corrected. Nice work if I do say so myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow-woman2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	291953
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a good one, Hats off to them!

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it chuck .. That willow is hanging on
        That snow women is a actually really nice . Let them know .

LOL Chuck...if a "committee" member says there is such a thing as a snow woman...then there is...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

that snow woman is oretty curvy . Been snowing here all day long. nothing sticking though I must be a little lower elevation than you Chuck
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Scorpion68
          Scorpion68 commented
          Editing a comment
          Further up (north) in the state but lower in elevation. It's still spitting snow here and the temp never got above 33.

Crazy Tennessee weather today Chuck, I'm hoping its the last mini winter. I'm ready to eat some morrells myself. Thanks for sharing!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Wind, rain/snow & cold, round #4, is really getting old. March "came in like a lion" and no lamb in sight!
          Child of the tides

Comment

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hang tight Deb - Spring's a coming. Birds don't lie.

Boys have been a little sickly so they didn't get to enjoy the spring snow. It was good snowball making snow. Just a shame. This weather has put a real damper on the mowing season.

Comment

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can say that again. I really need to mow my yard but it's sooooo wet and soggy my ZTR would mire down. Guess I'll just have to wait it out like everyone else.

I hear there is a certain Groundhog that's WANTED.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea - I got a pot of stew with his name one it just waiting. I think I saw a bounty poster with his pic on it in the post office.

The Moth orchid only blooms here in the winter when it dips
          down to the low 60’s . I wait all year and that cold snap sends out the first shoot. I patiently watch the long process for these beauties . The bromeliads get that pink bloom and strangely the rest go into seed .

Comment

Chuck, spring will finally make an appearance here in Tidewater starting Wednesday with temps in the 70s. Keep still my beating heart!
            Child of the tides

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tam - I had to chuckle at my brother, who recently relocated back to Rhode Island after a short stent in Florida. I think the heat and humidity was getting to him and he went back right before the first Nor'easter.

All I can say is its a beautiful view

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
              Chuck, spring will finally make an appearance here in Tidewater starting Wednesday with temps in the 70s. Keep still my beating heart!
              Deb spring is around the corner . You will be playing on your beach with your companion and after these 4 ? Storms in a row you will hopefully have some beach finds . All the glory that Mother Nature brings forth in the spring with new life in your backyard . I’ll be over there in May to watch it in Georgia .

Comment

Working...
              X