Be careful Hiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful Hiking

Sometimes when I walked I had no care in The World but to get to The other side of a Ditch or The bottom an embankment and once in a while I have been surprised by The force of Gravity and The Surface I was on not being as good as a Surface I thought It was. I am not one to tell Other's what to do usually, but be careful while Hiking. I know Your agile and tough, but one slip might cause You to rethink that just a bit. Rocky and muddy area's can be surprising. Risk isn't always going to be worth it, take a look around, and maybe go The long way if there is one.

Turn around don't fall!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Josh, that's good advice! I once walked too close to the edge of a sand erosion & the face gave way beneath my feet & down I went. Now you may think falling on sand should be soft & cushioned, but when unexpected it can still knock the wind out of you. Took two trips to my osteopath to put everything back where it belonged,
    Child of the tides

Comment

Right you are Josh. As a youth I used to move through the woods/outdoors so quickly but now being on the edge of General Grant I move a lot slower...funny thing is I notice a lot more that I did when I was young. That's a great reminder though because the ground seems a lot harder than it did twenty years ago...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        So are Tree's!

Yep glad you posted this . Going in May and this little hummingbird needs to slow down . I get way to excited .

Comment

Hey Josh, Thanks for the warning. Are you OK?
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• JoshinMO
          JoshinMO commented
          Editing a comment
          Your Welcome Ron, I'm ok but My Finger/Hand has been better. Right hand and Right Handed, I will adapt but I hope it doesn't look weird lol.

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Buddy, I hope you heal fast.

Some of the beaches I walk have deep mud and clay under the sand..you can sink up to your head in it..

Comment

• JoshinMO
          JoshinMO commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks, some spots in The River's and creek's are like that out here.

Good advice, thanks for the reminder. I carry a 4' stick with a metal L shaped bracket on the bottom, this has helped prevent slips and falls, especially when climbing or decending steep banks
        Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Working...
        X