Yum yum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yum yum

Well, it's been a strange spring that has colder and wetter spells than normal. I decided to dedicate this weekend to finding a mess of morrels. Friday was an all day hike that yielded just enough for me and my wife to have mushrooms and eggs for breakfast and motivate us for a big walk. We went to a spot that is an almost guaranteed producer and found around fifty there. Walked right to the spot and right out, didn't do any drifting around. Went home got them soaking and headed back out. Went to another spot and found a few but it was slow. My sisinlaw spotted a few blacks and it was spotty. We were on our way out and I spotted a black, I started scanning and found one I stepped on. Then we started finding em perty good . Then we looked out across the woods and them jokers were everywhere, we plucked all we knew we could eat today and left. It was exciting and more are there to be picked, should be a shroomy couple of weeks.

Nice! I'm going to have to get out there this week after work. Good looking Mushrooms,Thanks for showing us!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Nice Kurt!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I remember going out with my godmother and getting those , then run out catch a couple of perch off the dock after I got some blueberries for desert .
        Lunch in the woods in Mich .
        thanks for showing that it brought back great memories.

Comment

At my place the few that pop up the durn squirrels eat!
          Child of the tides

Comment

Yum yum is right. That is a pile of good eats there.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Kurt, That looks delicious. Enough for mushroom soup and fried up to smother a steak dinner. I have used a big needle to string them up on a string and hang them up to dry. Or today use the dehydrator. When I was young I kept a notebook of exact locations to return to the following year. Today a GPS receiver works even better. Today we had a blizzard that added to the snow pile so it will be a while.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• p kurt
                p kurt commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't ever dried any before. If me or any of my family find more than we can eat we just invite people to help eat em or take em to a party.

Sweet. I've only found a few mostly peckerheads. My black spots have zero shrooms😢

Comment

I just saw this post this morning. https://www.facebook.com/dave.norton...A1ODg3MDA1NDA/
                It was to a Facebook group called "All things wild" https://www.facebook.com/groups/270485909965678/
                Be careful out there while you are looking for shrooms.
                Something may be hiding in plain sight that you don't see. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	602.6 KB
ID:	296290
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• p kurt
                  p kurt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Holy smokes!!! We seen several snakes but no poisonous ones, but we were in snake country. We were on the look out, we were where copper heads, cottonmouth, and rattle snakes are. Nearby snake road is closed for snake migration. I bet that guy had a blood pressure spike. We pet several and held one real sweet one but the instinctive survival reaction is hard to restrain when you walk up on a fanged snake.

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And that’s why I wear snake boot . It’s a work out just wearing them but the element of safety is there .

Awesome pic! That rattler needs to move out the way

Comment

Apologies for piggybacking your thread Kurt but I wanted to show I didn't get completely skunked this year. I found a little mess, enough to curb that spring time craving anyways. Almost waited to late but managed a few. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180419_205051.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	298195 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180419_213940.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	298194
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• p kurt
                    p kurt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah man that looks great! That lil feller looks ready for a treat. Thanks for showing and sorry for slow response, I have been without a phone for a while.
                Working...
                X