Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another beaver dam Hoss

The beaver Dam got so backed up it has flooded a back country road
    and we can’t cross it now . So out we go with Herbert a 77 year old man in the picture that is fit as a fiddle . Had to break some of it down to drain . I got a really nice stick for walking that the beaver chewed all the bark off of and left his little teeth marks . It has a really nice texture now and I am going to stain it with some ochre he gave me . He made me my first stick with a fossil inlay .

Taking care of beaver dams is easy if you have earplugs. Click image for larger version

Name:	explosives-collection-017.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	301609
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Yep they do that out here .

Comment

Nice Cotton Mouth den under all those sticks on the dam.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Havenhunter
          Havenhunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, the slithers are out in force here in the Tidewater. Saw a black rat snake more than 3' long hunting toads & voles in my garden this morning. Keep my squirrel popper close by in case I spot a Copperhead.

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          And you don’t see me in the pick . I am the look out and side digger

The largest beaver dam on record was found in Wood Buffalo Park in Alberta, Canada in 2014. Those Canuck beavers do not screw around ay? That is todays beaver dam fact...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Check into a device called a beaver deciever. It's a pipe to go through the dam to keep the water where you want. Btw they dont have to be a fancy one like the first ones that come up on google.

Comment

Andy great

Comment

Working...
            X