James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James

I have a great friend his name is James. We first met at the Stone age fair in Loveland colorado. At the time his dad Art and him were joined at the hip, would you not see one without the other. A few years ago we lost Art. I saw James last year at the fair by himself. We talked an walked around the exibitors and the eye candy.
    we said our audios and left about two weeks ago I get a call from James and he said let's go hunting. I felt prileged he asked. We decided on common ground that we both hunt. We met up and went off for the hunt. I had the first site he had not been to. We parked and he pulled out two walking sticks identical, both polished with use. He took them both out and eyeballed them grabbed one and said here this is a good stick.
    we talked and walked and you could tell he had not gotten out for a long time. I sat close by and listen to all that was on his mind. This was not about the hunt but more about the need to listen to my friend. I found a scraper for the day and James picked up a couple of broken pieces. The last site I had not been to.one him and his father went to, as we walked and talked I gotto know Art. He would point across the valley and say my dad found this or point to a hilltop and say my dad came up there and found 6 Mckean points one day. It was a great day to be outdoors and even a great day to hold a walking stick of a man that gave a lot to or hobby. We will make more trips in the future. And I have a friend for life, I just need to get him out in the great outdoors and to follow his passion.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Way to go Chase very inspiring story.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That’s what it’s all about bud. Right on
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Chase , there is nothing like an adventure trip ...
        nothing ! And to be able to share it with your Dad well that just takes it to another cailbur there .
        Now throw in some bad weather to make it dangerous
        and you men know what your doing ,,, takes it up another notch .
        thanks for the ride along .

Comment

Great days and great stories Chase. Always good to walk and talk with others. Miss doing that with you bud.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration
            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X