Old story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old story

After reading Hoss’s fishing post it reminded me of this article my buddy wrote a few years back for a local magizine, I didn’t wanna piggy back it on his thread though. I’ve posted this before in the past but, eh..what the heck right! Lol Click image for larger version

Name:	23285AFF-4B7F-42C2-AACE-E908EB8B63FA.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	320862
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

That sounds like a dream day Jay.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Thanks Jay, That's the kind of story I enjoy hearing more than once. Luke is a good writer.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Just about 50 years ago Jay we would camp along side the Kern River in Cal . In the summer the water would get low .
        we would hike up the mountain till the trout were just about trapped . Like a bear we would run them into a shallow and
        just pick them up . Hard work but good eating. Cut up some onions and potatoes and cook them over the fire . Then the delicate fish . We were tough kids back then it really was a different world . I bet I was all of 16 and it was fine for kids to take off in the summer like that . Our parents knew we were safe as they had done all the ground work .
        Your story sounds more exciting but we were young and everything was exciting .
        Big Sur had Abalone we would take off the rocks and so on .
        love fishing stories I’ll have to read Matt’s .

Comment

Great story, Jay. I was raised on the banks of the Elkhorn Creek in central Ky. With two brothers and one fishing pole I could tell some stories of interesting ways to catch fish😂
          Northern Ky

Comment

Working...
          X