Allie's Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cskelton View Post
    When daylight broke they were gone... Ive been hunting here my whole life and went with a hunch. Some desperate running later and we were set up on the sticks in hopes they would filter by us. They did.
    Very impressive bull Elk …you folks are living the life!

“When daylight broke they were gone... Ive been hunting here my whole life and went with a hunch. Some desperate running later and we were set up on the sticks in hopes they would filter by us. They did.”

Yes, you went with a hunch because you are in tune with your environment. That is just as important in hunting today as it was in prehistoric times. Congrats to Allie.and her dad.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      That always a big help. Congrats to Allie for making the magazine that is great. ( I think she has a walking stick I made from Chase ) We put one in a Chevy blazer one time with a little luck. The guys at the lodge couldn't believe we loaded it whole;
      Yes. Chase is very generous. He left something for each of my kids when he was here, but most of all he imparted his friendship.
      Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• hudson
        hudson commented
        Editing a comment
        He's a good guy. The stick is Sassafras, the old timers used the roots to make tea.

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        I have made lots of sassafras tea. The Sassafras root is the source of Sarsaparilla and Root Beer.

Man I wish I could find antlers like them around here!!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        In Kentucky, many years ago before the settlers came, we used to have Elk and Bison roam the area. The Elk are starting to come back, and to the dismay of farmers, Bison are being relocated back to the western edge of Kentucky moving eastward. On the farm we live on, it was supposed to be a Bison ranch. It never happened. It's a shame, I coulda used some Bison bones!

looks like it really paid off knowing the area and how the game would move. great kill

Comment

Working...
      X