Striper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striper

Went down my river spot here yday . SW Connecticut .. poking along hunting artifacts and I see this laying in a tree . .I mean the legal minimum here is 28 inches. But what happened to this beautiful specimen? An inch under and was released and didn't make it?..had blood near the tail Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181228_101153.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	340834 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181228_101255.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	340835
    SW Connecticut

I'd say it was injured during the release Red. Sometimes people do more damage removing the hooks but, since you said you found it in a tree, it may have been picked up by an Eagle or hawk and dropped. Too bad it was under legal minimum.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I bet your right Chuck. The tree was only few feet up Frome the shore..High tide with all the rain could a washed it up...

Good point Chuck

Comment

You might be tipping your hand given the relatively low number of rivers in CT that have stripers in them in late December . If it’s where I assume, it’s just a victim of release mortality. Too many anglers going for numbers and forgetting that these fish don’t recover well without resuscitation, particularly in extreme hot or cold water temperatures.

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Release shock. Yeah your probably right..they're probably more susceptible. In winter.. good point man

Theres definitely something fishy about it...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya baba I've never seen road kill on the river bank haha. Had my head down poking along and I'm like what the $@#"&

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya know I have seen fish carried into trees and left there by hawks/eagles etc...

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds like seeing nature at its finest....I did see an osprey dive down into a reservoir and come up with a nice bass once... And a I saw an esgle..once it's heavily populated round here compared to the great plains out there
    Working...
    X